SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer is asking for $1k non-refundable........ :rant:

As much as I love/want this bike, that seems like a serious gamble... Are you guys in the same boat, or are your dealers taking refundable deposits???

I'm in South Fla BTW.......

Thanks.... :thumbup:

·
Registered
401 Posts
of course I've bought 4 motorcycles over the last year and plenty over the last 10yrs with my dealer but they took my $50.00 as deposit and first in line :D

And no quote - I know they'll take care of me and I'm willing to pay MSRP for this bike even if they don't ....

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
I want an SMC real bad as well AND DO NOT want a Husaberg. They are completely diff. bikes like comparing apples and oranges. The berg is a pure race bike that will in fact blow up going down the highway for a long period of time unlike the SMC.

Anyways, 1K is crazy. My local dealer is asking for $500 down that is refundable. Goodluck with that one!

im suprised about the intrest in the bike .hell its got almost 40 lbs on a husaberg & its the same cc.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want an SMC real bad as well AND DO NOT want a Husaberg. They are completely diff. bikes like comparing apples and oranges. The berg is a pure race bike that will in fact blow up going down the highway for a long period of time unlike the SMC.

Anyways, 1K is crazy. My local dealer is asking for $500 down that is refundable. Goodluck with that one!
I really don't mind the $1k... It's the non-refundable part that has me... :rant:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I have a $100 refundable deposit on mine! :rolleyes: My dealer called yesterday letting me know I can expect mine in the first week of May. My price is $8998, no freight charge, $9,628 otd! :lol: They are only getting two of them, the first is mine and the second won't come in until June!

·
Registered
297 Posts

you sir are a fool, typical mouth running . I own a ktm and a berg .I ride my berg to work almost every day & have put approx 2k miles on it & o problems.my berg will cruise all day long @ 80mph .you should get your facts straight .

·
Registered
45 Posts
Deposit should be refundable.

I put $500 down and if they can't get an SMC for me, then I get the money back. Pretty simple.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
My facts are straight. I will be waiting for you to post up one day it blew. It is a race bike people use on the street similar to other SM's, nothing wrong with that but night and day diff. from a 690 SMC. I have owned a fair amount of SM's so I am not a fool by any means.

*clock is counting down* tick tick tick.........

you sir are a fool, typical mouth running . I own a ktm and a berg .I ride my berg to work almost every day & have put approx 2k miles on it & o problems.my berg will cruise all day long @ 80mph .you should get your facts straight .

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Beat it buddy, this thread isn't about Husaberg!:infrandom Go drink some Jack Daniels or something! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
drgnrdr,
If you really owned a KTM and Berg you should then know the difference between the two. TOTALLY different bikes, no COMPLETELY different bikes you need to get YOUR facts straight. blah blah......are you taliking or spewing??????

HOLLYWOOD, sell the R1 to Keri first. Tell the dealer you want one but the non- refundable is unacceptable, and the price seems a little high for OTD.....there has got to be another dealer down there somewhere........

Tfunk

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
drgnrdr,
If you really owned a KTM and Berg you should then know the difference between the two. TOTALLY different bikes, no COMPLETELY different bikes you need to get YOUR facts straight. blah blah......are you taliking or spewing??????

HOLLYWOOD, sell the R1 to Keri first. Tell the dealer you want one but the non- refundable is unacceptable, and the price seems a little high for OTD.....there has got to be another dealer down there somewhere........

Tfunk
The R1 is all but gone...

I told the original dealer to "pound sand"...... Never was a fan of theirs, but they are really close to my house....

I found two dealers here in Fla that want to play nice... The original OTD isn't too far off actually... MSRP is almost $9K + tax/tag + fees....

I got a price today from another dealer for $9,850 OTD... $500 deposit...

We'll see what happens.... :thumbup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
690 SMC Deposit

I contacted my dealer immediately upon learning about the 690 SMC and reserved one. He's only scheduled to get one and I'm the first in line. He didn't ask for anything down. Nor did he when I wanted a Super Duke 990, which I subsequently purchased from him.

There is no way that I would put more than $500 down and I would request the dealer put it in writing that it's refundable. I won't live that nightmare again.

Rick

KTM Super Duke 990
BMW R1159R
Exile Chopper
Aprilia SXV 550
Honda CRF 450X
KTM 690 SMC (Soon!)

·
Registered
297 Posts
:twofinger yeah whatever .the 690 smc is a 653cc with almost 40 lbs on the berg so those of you who thought the 690 video is cool think of it with 40 less lbs. look in past post you can see plenty of pics of my berg & ktm .

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
have put approx 2k miles on it & o problems.my berg will cruise all day long @ 80mph .you should get your facts straight .
2k isn't $hit, If your proud of a street bike going that far your easy to please. Try going 20k like my poor drz. I know a guy who's got a klr 650 with 65k.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts