SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so it looks like i am in the market for new handlebars after my neighbor decided to back out of her driveway infront of me today on my way home from work:2hard.i live on a dirt road and i put the bike down fairly hard on what i thought was soft dirt. i guess it wasnt.......
wondering what you guys are running on your bikes. im not looking for anything too aggressive since it is only a daily driver and not tracked. but i would like to hear opinions anyways.
other than some dirtrash and the bars the bike is fine. i knew that the 08 would only look 08 for soo long.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i tweaked a set of factory bars by dumping my bike when the front end washed out in some soft loose dirt.

if you aren't picky about which bars you want you can probably find some cheap ones on ebay or closeout at a store.

·
Registered
819 Posts
pro taper contour bars look nice on just about any bike out there....but you'll have to fork over the extra money for new mounts, unless you already have oversized mounts.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Any other opinions? I'm in the market too

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Pro Tapers are all I run. I've been using them since they came out and I love them. The only others that I'll run are Renthals.

·
Registered
8,633 Posts
Bought my current pair of Pro Tapers in 1999....been threw 3 bikes and numerous crashes and they are still straight.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I love Pro-Taper bars myself, but curious what bend all you are running??? I've always used the CR High bend in the past, but open to other suggestions.

Got an Applied Triple Clamp and Scotts damper coming for the WR and now I gotta get big boy bars.

·
Registered
12 Posts
:bike:Here is an option. spend some money and get some handle bar magic!!!! get your self a TGT system bar!!! they come with a control valve and turn your handle bars into a sub-tank for the forks. the valve is adjustable and allows for control over how quickly air vents to the bars (and back) most of the magazines rated them a five star product!! I personally own a set and love them. anY future bike will get a pair. they also have a vent button to allow one finger fork venting on the fly. I know thier a little pricey, but they do what they clame. go to the track, stiffen -up, ridding the street--- soften up----- all with the twist of a little dial. and they look so cool! all your buddies want two know about the little steel braided lines from forks to bars. and no big stupid looking subtanks bolted on your forks.. If you have the right springs, make the right fork fluid level choice, these bars give you the sweetest, fastest versatility in fork adjustment in seconds--------SLIDE ON BROTHERS :bike:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts