SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello SMJers,
I joined SMJ yesterday and thought I'd introduce my self. I have been riding since I was that of wee lad and I have yet to own a SuperMoto. I got turned on to the art of sliding @ Danny Walkers American Supercamp just this past Spring. I am just a rookie learning a new language but I am proud to say that I'm digin' it. I will troll, lurk and cruise the forum to glean all the information that you fine people are posting and hopefully with sound advice I will make a SuperMoto purchase within the next few months. Albeit, I'll need to sell one of present bikes so that wifeypoo doesn't have poopy party on my crazy ass antics. I have some time to do a lot of research over the next few weeks being that I am recovering from a broken fifth metatarsal. Last week the good Foot Doctor put 7 screws and titanium plate on that little bone. Guess I did a good job on myself this time. How you ask ... practicing tight figure 8's in the parking lot before work with not enough counter balance. I know, rookie move. I didn't and obviously don't have them wired on my 748 yet so I will continue to practice them as soon as I can get back on the road. All the damage was done to my foot and hardly any damage to the bike. I gotta say - I would of much rather destroyed the clutch then break my foot. Anyhow, looking to score a Supermoto and also looking to turn my CRF 150F into a kart track bike. Ride safe!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks for the link. It looks like a fun spot.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
With the small bikes they do not care if you have knobs,they also run tt. we may try to get out for the next one.
Did i forget to say welcome:hello:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah man, send me a PM if you're heading up there. I would love to check it out. Their site is a little vague as to what they offer. Is it only sanctioned races and classes or do they have "open" track time? The tt track on the infield looks like a blast. However, I'm still out of commission for the next 6 weeks due to my foot injury but I'm game when the time is right. Please keep me posted. Thanks for the "welcome"

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
If you have a 100-150cc air head you can run oval and tt,AMA required and you can join dist.3 or pay 10$ more.
If you race a lot it is worth it to join.
Am run yellow background/black numbers. full gear ect,thats about it.
If we go will pm.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the beta!:cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts