SuperMoto Junkie banner
121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Getting closer!! Unfortunately I'm going out of town Tuesday morning so I'm sure it will be delivered just after I leave.:damn:

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Temp fitting using the long ass bolts Purte1 provides. At least I finally have something to test fit!:bannana:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Temp fitting using the long ass bolts Purte1 provides. At least I finally have something to test fit!:bannana:
Nice, there's some progress! Yea, I'm not sure what they were thinking on the bolt length. Just thinking on my bolt measurements I gave you, I have the cast caliper and it looks like yours might be deeper. But now that you have it, it should be pretty easy to sort out the measurements. Congrats!

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Ran into similar dilemma on my CRF. Never mounted the speedo pickup! haha. Hope to see some pics of ideas. Need to get back and do that.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Still haven't figured out the speedo sensor pickup placement but did determine I'll need 7mm thick spacers for this particular caliper to get proper pad/rotor coverage. That left me needing 60mm bolts which were easy to find on eBay. Should be here Monday.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Zipties for the win! Lines up perfectly with the rotor magnet.
I love to see something over engineered. :hmmm: We both know the zip tie will fail at 80 MPH in a right hand sweeper causing the sensor to get sucked into the rotor/wheel assembly. Causing both the cable and brake hose to retreat in a nano second. In its hasty retreat the resulting force will sever the headlight shroud, did I mention it's night,no moon, pitch black. :rant:

You have to excuse my cynicism, with today's zip tie life expectancy being all of about a week. Shorter if it's holding something vital.

With this view I think I would procure a rubberized P-clamp and drill and tap(8-32), a mounting hole on the leading edge. (The 50 cent fix)

My first thought was to machine a wide slot on the outer most of the adapter, where as to insert a bracket that would than be clamped between the axle foot and adapter. (The $50 fix and about 3 prototypes later)

:thumbup: on the zip tie.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
There's something about the instant gratification of zipty-ing parts in place that makes me smile. I'd hate to see something go awry so close to the front wheel. If you would like something a little more permanent, say next time you park the bike for a bit, I'd be willing to make you up something.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
There's something about the instant gratification of zipty-ing parts in place that makes me smile. I'd hate to see something go awry so close to the front wheel. If you would like something a little more permanent, say next time you park the bike for a bit, I'd be willing to make you up something.
This wasn't meant to be permanent, just trying to determine if above or below the caliper bracket gives the best/easiest alignment. I'll make a bracket to bolt the sensor to when I'm satisfied of placement. Thanks for the offer and honest input though.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
This wasn't meant to be permanent, just trying to determine if above or below the caliper bracket gives the best/easiest alignment. I'll make a bracket to bolt the sensor to when I'm satisfied of placement. Thanks for the offer and honest input though.:thumbup:
Sounds good. I'll leave the offer standing if you change your mind. I generally prefer the top side when possible, but the bottom is usually easier to work with. I somehow feel better that the wheel is rotating away if something comes loose rather than up into. Less likely to snag on trail debris too, but who am I kidding, my bike never sees offroad. lol.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Also if you move the magnet to the outer edge or into a rivet center you have the inside webbing of the Purte1 bracket. Or if yours uses the spacers in between the foot and bracket as does rrrr1Rob's, a figure 8 bracket there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Longshot, but I can't post in the classfieds, the site errors out.

Anyone interested in one of these brackets for a KTM? 100mm spacing. Mounted it up, and added a speedo sensor, didn't have a chance to actually use it. $150 shipped. Includes the sensor.

121 - 137 of 137 Posts