SuperMoto Junkie banner
101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Finally got a response from Purte1.
Awesome! This is the same bracket I have, so looks like you were right on, which is what we suspected. I assume you're going with the 100MM and not the 108MM judging by the calipers you mentioned. * Edit I guess you mentioned M/C's and hadn't nailed down a caliper choice yet. I see Purte1 now has rotors too, available in a lot of color options. Pretty cool.

http://purte1.com/index.php/en/store/product/view/507/719

Also, wanted to say that I hadn't forgot and I was trying to get to my bike to remove said bracket. A winter project (non bike related :rolleyes2:) gave me a need to crowd my workspace into some tight quarters. I spent an hour yesterday digging my way towards the bike. Haha. It's way in there.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Don't mind my shit photo editing skills, LOL. One of the front brake setups im considering is from this 09 Husky. Looking at the photo you can see the front rotor carrier is offset away from the wheel. My rotor will not be offset. So, i guess the only way to know if that caliper would work with my rotor and the Purte1 bracket would be a test fit? I might be better off using a caliper that is known to fit without having to start trying to shim or space the rotor. I'm not sure how to find that info though...

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Don't mind my shit photo editing skills, LOL. One of the front brake setups im considering is from this 09 Husky. Looking at the photo you can see the front rotor carrier is offset away from the wheel. My rotor will not be offset. So, i guess the only way to know if that caliper would work with my rotor and the Purte1 bracket would be a test fit? I might be better off using a caliper that is known to fit without having to start trying to shim or space the rotor. I'm not sure how to find that info though...
That's the Brembo set-up like on my former '09 SMR. The offset rotor might give you a little better caliper to spoke clearance. But if it's too much, you might be looking at shaving down the bracket thickness (or fork lugs- neither of which is optimal). Way easier with flat rotor to space the rotor out or caliper inward like I did. However, with the Marchesini wheels, spoke clearance was not an issue. I'm using a Brembo from a KTM '08 690 SMC (found an OEM one in black like I wanted). You can get them fairly cheap when you find them. They are adequate generally if mated to the right master cylinder.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I would like to order 2 of these radial mount brackets for our 2012-15 Yamaha wr450f but, I am unsure on 80 or 102mm wheel base fork option, they are asking about. anyone have any idea which I should order?

for spoked wheels, will the 100mm spaced brembos fit and clear better than the 108 spaced calipers? trying to do this with the least amount of cobbling possible.

thank you for the help. Ski

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
I think the 80mm or 102mm wheelbase measurement refers to the center to center distance of the caliper mount bolt holes on the fork bottom. No idea on which caliper fits what, sorry.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
I was able to get a hookup from a buddy on a used KTM SMR front brake setup, radial adapter bracket, radial caliper, steel braided line, radial master cylinder. Ill be fitting it up Friday afternoon for the ETN/WNC supermoto rally.:rock:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have this setup for sale if anyone is interested. Brembo XA78910 caliper, bracket, Braking 16 mm m/c, stainless line, pads, and Goldfren rotor (in the box) if anyone is interested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
I have this setup for sale if anyone is interested. Brembo XA78910 caliper, bracket, Braking 16 mm m/c, stainless line, pads, and Goldfren rotor (in the box) if anyone is interested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Interested, how much?

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Ok, before I order one from Purte1, does any of you have a used Purte1 KTM bracket POV007 for sale?
Meeners, I'll buy your silver bracket so you can order a fancy bling orange one....

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Unfortunately I'm tech retarded and have no idea what to do with that tracking info...:hmmm:
Anyway, thanks machino for the brake setup!!

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Can anybody tell me what bolt thread size/pitch I need for this bracket? I would like to source some bolts and spacers before the bracket shows up. Thanks:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Can anybody tell me what bolt thread size/pitch I need for this bracket? I would like to source some bolts and spacers before the bracket shows up. Thanks:thumbup:
Believe M10. Will have to double check on length and pitch.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Believe M10. Will have to double check on length and pitch.
Holy fuck, that's quite the bike collection/history!

How do you like your CR500AF and your 500 EXC? What do you use them for? How do they compare?

You can pick up CRFRs here that are pretty battered for quite cheap. Would love to do the 500 build.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Checked this morning. Here is a quick pic to remind you how mine is set.

So the bolts to hold the bracket on I'm using (2) M8x30x1.25 with my spacers. Without spacers you should be around 25~28 length.
For the caliper I'm using (2) M10x58x1.25. I'm using 5mm spacers for the 320 rotor. If you use 310, use 50 length.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Holy fuck, that's quite the bike collection/history!

How do you like your CR500AF and your 500 EXC? What do you use them for? How do they compare?

You can pick up CRFRs here that are pretty battered for quite cheap. Would love to do the 500 build.
Haha thanks! I'll try not to get into it too much on this thread, but feel free to PM me if you want to know more or specifics. But to generalize. The 2 stroke is awesome but quirky and not smooth. Fast but harder to ride fast. Best part is the power surge, the sound, and the feeling of the bike ring a ding dinging. It has character! Just not the best for all situations. The CRF I built is the hp king of all my supermotos, past and present. Just seat of the pants feel, no numbers to back up my claim. The CRF is great, but being a converted MX bike, is not without its need for attention and care. The 5 speed is a little limiting. The KTM is probably my favorite at this time. It does it all and well. Out of the box, doesn't handle like the CRF's (I confess I haven't really played with the suspension much) and being not as stiff might be a little of the issue, but it is set up to be quite light. Lighter than my Husky I had by leaps and bounds (50lbs). And 20-ish lbs lighter than both my CRF and CR500. Electric start, 6 speed, fuel injection, fan cooling (when it works), plethora of parts available for it, both to customize and maintain it, and a no fuss maintenance schedule make it a joy to ride. Power isn't too far off, and is probably better than a stock CRF of a few years ago. But stock 500 EXC is very lackluster. Throw on a pipe, delete the emissions, tune the TPS, and rip. Change oil as needed, lube chain, and continue to rip. I use them all for street riding, but I'm hoping to do some track days this summer. Sorry, this was a little longer than I anticipated...

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Checked this morning. Here is a quick pic to remind you how mine is set.

So the bolts to hold the bracket on I'm using (2) M8x30x1.25 with my spacers. Without spacers you should be around 25~28 length.
For the caliper I'm using (2) M10x58x1.25. I'm using 5mm spacers for the 320 rotor. If you use 310, use 50 length.
Awesome man, thanks for the info!!

101 - 120 of 137 Posts