SuperMoto Junkie banner
81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I should also add -I had some extra fitting to do using Marzocchi forks with CRF wheel and I DID make some spacers for the radial adapter, but not the disc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Has anyone ordered the Purte1 bracket lately and had any issues receiving it? I ordered one over a month ago and haven't received it yet, and Purte1 has not responded to multiple emails.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Has anyone ordered the Purte1 bracket lately and had any issues receiving it? I ordered one over a month ago and haven't received it yet, and Purte1 has not responded to multiple emails.
I'd put good money on Italian Summer manufacturing lull. I know a suspension tuner that has to order a motherlode of all his Italian parts in June and estimate his usage because the Italians take so much mid/late summer vacation it's like they turn their industrial businesses off. I was through Aosta, in Milan and headed down to the coast two summers ago there, and it seemed to be true. The touristy stuff and alley restaurants were open, but there didn't seem to be a whole lot of fabrication or manufacturing going on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'd put good money on Italian Summer manufacturing lull. I know a suspension tuner that has to order a motherlode of all his Italian parts in June and estimate his usage because the Italians take so much mid/late summer vacation it's like they turn their industrial businesses off. I was through Aosta, in Milan and headed down to the coast two summers ago there, and it seemed to be true. The touristy stuff and alley restaurants were open, but there didn't seem to be a whole lot of fabrication or manufacturing going on.
Damn, It's hard to get to the track without a front brake...just hope it's not lost in the mail. I ordered a Brembo caliper from another vendor in Italy a couple weeks ago and it showed up 1 week later DHL.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I've ordered stuff from Italy. And yes they seem to all go on vacation at the same time. The whole country shuts down. They do process your order, take your money. The nice ones will give you an estimated shipping date.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
country pretty much shuts down for the entire summer. getting parts from any italian manufacturer during summertime is a nightmare.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Can anyone confirm if this PURTE1 radial bracket will fit 2015 KTM 500EXC forks?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Can anyone confirm if this PURTE1 radial bracket will fit 2015 KTM 500EXC forks?
If you haven't found confirmation yet, my vote is -SHOULD fit. I have a 2015 500 EXC and I'm using the Purte1 bracket on my CRF as it happens. If I find time, I will swap it over and post up a pic. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
If you haven't found confirmation yet, my vote is -SHOULD fit. I have a 2015 500 EXC and I'm using the Purte1 bracket on my CRF as it happens. If I find time, I will swap it over and post up a pic. :thumbup:
I still do not have confirmation and would very much appreciate your assistance when you have time. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Still no response from them. Maybe I need to find a machine shop locally. :damn:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Still no response from them. Maybe I need to find a machine shop locally. :damn:
Which radial caliper are you going to run? I'm curious if the left/ right spacing will be the same as what I have. And you have 310 rotor or 320? Will need 5mm shims for the 320, but you've probably already planned for that.
Cheers.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Which radial caliper are you going to run? I'm curious if the left/ right spacing will be the same as what I have. And you have 310 rotor or 320? Will need 5mm shims for the 320, but you've probably already planned for that.
Cheers.
Not sure which caliper yet. Hadn't even thought about the variations in left/right spacing. It'll be a 320mm warp9 rotor on warp9 cast wheels. Hoping those wheels give me extra clearance on the backside of the caliper. I'm looking at a couple of front master/line/caliper options on bikes being parted out. Aprilia SXV or Husqvarna SMR.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Not sure which caliper yet. Hadn't even thought about the variations in left/right spacing. It'll be a 320mm warp9 rotor on warp9 cast wheels. Hoping those wheels give me extra clearance on the backside of the caliper. I'm looking at a couple of front master/line/caliper options on bikes being parted out. Aprilia SXV or Husqvarna SMR.
Cool. 320 is gonna give less clearance right off the get go. I found a used Husaberg FS570 310 rotor 2011 that I'm running on my KTM wheel. I believe the '09 Husky SMR that I had was a 320 rotor/ caliper.

81 - 100 of 137 Posts