SuperMoto Junkie banner
41 - 60 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Here's some pictures installed (Marzocchi forks on the CRF- you will have to mentally substitute OEM KTM forks but I think you will get the idea).

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's extremely good value for that brake system. I'd change the master cylinder to the 16x16 but that's easy.

I was wrong about the bolt length. I had to shorten my titanium bolts a little because of the disc placement. I have to get some sleeves to go between the caliper bracket and caliper. Good thing I use 320mm discs because you couldn't use this setup with a 310mm disc (without machining :D).

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Yup, I shortened my bolts to 58mm. Still need to order some Ti hardware, but this works for now. Made these spacers to account for the 320 disc.

and these to account for my particular spacing (custom triple clamp spacing)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah the orange wheel looks pretty cool. I have the orange front and a black set. I think I'll get the other set painted to match this one.

The disc is spaced out to match the caliper because the Faor triple clamps are wider than standard.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Will the Purte1 Bracket fit a 2006 950Superenduro using a 2010 KTM69SMC caliper ?

If so, will a Superduke wheel with 320mm rotor fit without adapter or modifications?

I just went through this spiel a month ago or so. I purchased an SMR FTE radial setup and ran into the same issue. The person I purchased the setup from sent me your thread so I could share with you what I've found. If you are looking for something sooner than later (like I was), there is a company in Italy that makes a specific bracket for both the 100mm brembo and any 108mm spacing caliper. The Beringer FTE Caliper is also a 100mm spacing. The company that makes the bracket is called Purte1 and they are pretty awesome. I ordered my bracket on April 3rd, 2013 and I received it April 15th, 2013. The piece is billet and very nice... cost was 89 Euros, total was $150 USD Shipped to my door. Hope this info helps. Sorry for the shitty pictures... I don't believe in smart phones lol.

Here's the Purte1 Bracket, which is available here now: http://www.purte1.com/index.php/en/store/product/view/487/415

Test fitted on my ktm

Here it is on my bike w/ the FTE Caliper and some 5mm spacers as I am running a 320mm rotor. Its made for the 310.

[/b]

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Thanks to all of you for your support :)

If you need some information of purte1 products, just ask me!

Ciao from Italy!
Thank you for a great product!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I know it's an older thread, but any chance someone has a picture of the back of their caliper? I need to shave mine down and I want to know how much I can safely take off. I don't have a caliper that has a deep enough reach to measure bore depth... if anyone knows a better way let me know.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I know it's an older thread, but any chance someone has a picture of the back of their caliper? I need to shave mine down and I want to know how much I can safely take off. I don't have a caliper that has a deep enough reach to measure bore depth... if anyone knows a better way let me know.
I shaved mine yesterday, just keep going little by little till it clears... Can post a pic of mine if you like?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
That would be great! Brembo calipers aren't horrible expensive on eBay I guess... This will actually be my second caliper. I shaved the first a little bit before I got my wheels then ended up selling it to a friend since I got a deal on a master cylinder line and caliper combo.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here's the machining on the back of my caliper. It was off an Aprilia VDB Replica so it had the machining done from the factory.

To do the job properly you really need to pull the caliper apart and use an external micrometer like the one below. It's the only way you are going to know for sure how much material you can take off.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah, and I found a micrometer at harbor freights website that had around a 3" throat on it, so I could use that. I don't really want to buy a good one just for this, and I don't need it to be incredibly accurate. I'm assuming I should replace the square seals on the pistons when I put it back in as well?
I'm surprised you had to machine your caliper with cast wheels.

·
Registered
78 Posts
There's heaps of clearance on the Marchesini wheels. The caliper was already machined when I bought it but it will be handy if I need to put a spoked wheel on. You should be able to reuse the seals if it's a reasonably new caliper.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Well I looked more at the caliper and there's no real way to get a micrometer in there even if I had one. I didn't need to take much more off, and it had already been shaved a bit, so I knew the angle to go on.
Unfortunately I went into the piston pocket and made a paper weight. Just to see, I bolted it back up loosely and it still didn't clear the spokes. Any of you guys running warp 9 wheels with brembo 4 piston calipers? I'm wondering if that's the issue.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Which Brembo caliper were you using and what size disc? On my old setup I had to space the disc across 5mm (with a custom caliper bracket to match) and machine the back of the caliper. It was an axial Brembo goldline caliper on a 320mm disc. That was with the spoked wheels that had SMPro rims and RAD hubs.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
The caliper was Brembo part number 20.8343.35. I am using a braking 320mm rotor that is 5mm thick. I thought I was fine to grind a bit more off- it was already clearanced some. Everyone seemed to get it to work if they went slow and checked often. Ebay doesn't have any magura calipers, which I heard have a bit more clearance. How much was your spacing ring for your rotor? I'm assuming a local machine shop did it?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I believe that is one of the narrowest Brembo calipers apart from the billet calipers. The FTE (Beringer design) caliper found on Aprilias and some KTM SMRs is quite narrow as well. I got a machine shop that does work for a mate of mine to make the spacing ring and bracket and it was only about $120 (AUD). I just gave them a drawing and a DXF file (flat pattern). Looking back now there's no reason the spacing ring couldn't be laser cut and would be cheap as chips.

41 - 60 of 137 Posts