SuperMoto Junkie banner
21 - 40 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
What calipers are you guys using?

I want to order one of these adapters for my 2010 yz450f since the stock brakes fxking suck!. I understand a lot of calipers will not clear the wheel. Roaming ebay i've seen some brembo's off ducatis but i don't want to purchase anything if it wont clear my 17" wheel.

Has anyone tried R6 calipers?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts

I want to order one of these adapters for my 2010 yz450f since the stock brakes fxking suck!. I understand a lot of calipers will not clear the wheel. Roaming ebay i've seen some brembo's off ducatis but i don't want to purchase anything if it wont clear my 17" wheel.

If you go with 100mm bracket: http://www.ktm-parts.com/1711502X.html#.U8kEL_ldUuc

108mm: http://www.ktm-parts.com/1511001X.html#.U8kEXPldUuc

I'm using a leftover Beringer 108mm caliper I had laying around.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Yeah, I forgot to mention they seem super legitimate with shipping and business in general. They may have a repeat customer on their hands, since I sold my XRR and have a 525exc project now. In my personal sexy machined parts opinion, they are the best looking too.
+1

Did some quick research and i see this guy made the r6 caliper work on his yz450f, of course he had to grind the caliper and bracket.

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279604
IMO, i would never dream of grinding the caliper. I made my brembo caliper fit but it took a little doing with modifying the Purte1 bracket and my fork lower. Wayyyy safer than taking material out from behind the pistons on the caliper :headshake

Not something I'd recommend for everyone though.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
While waiting for this to arrive from KTM. (time line getting ridiculous now, wondering if it will ever show up- I was told that it is not discountinued, just not available often and then only in small quantities).

I ordered 2 of these from Purte1 in Italy after learning their availability here on this thread. Many thanks to the fine folks further up on the page for finding that one!
They are available in 6 colors, grey(raw aluminum I'm assuming), red, orange, black, green, blue. Like stated before, available in 100mm and 108mm spacing.
I ordered a red one for my CRF and a orange one for my KTM.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts

I'm planning on running a 08 KTM 690 SMC caliper, but I haven't tried it yet for clearance. It seemed like a good way to go for a cheaper (used) Brembo unit. It's the same caliper as the one a couple posts ago from KTM's website on sale I believe. Plus I'm kinda partial that it's black, rather than the silver one on my Husky. Sorry for image quality, swiped photo off the Ebay page from when I purchased.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Got my brackets in from Purte1. Very nice looking. Very impressed with the time frame of processing the order and shipping too. Placed the order on a weekend. Took 3 business days and I got an email that the brackets were shipped (but no tracking number), got the brackets 7 days later. So the brackets ended up being $169 U.S. each with taxes and shipping (and anodizing). Once again, with the absurd long bolts. Grade 8, but I think they will end up in my bolt collection bin.

Gonna run this '08 KTM 690 SMC caliper on the CRF450R. (Marzocchi forks with KTM bolt pattern) That's the plan. Not the best caliper I could be running, but I think it was like $130 or something used with good pads.

·
Registered
799 Posts
DAMN IT! That orange bracket looks so much better than the aluminum finish! DEMMIT! That looks tits! post pics after assembly! I may be getting mine powdercoated! Anyway...

My Purte1 Bracket's been on for over a year and four months of street/track supermoto abuse on two seperate bikes 2-stroke and 4-stroke now... works great! Zero Problems... Purte1 guys rock! Here's an action pic!

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Fecking right. Will post up some more pics. If the Purte1 guys included a sticker, I'd even rock it on my bike.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Nice, looks good.

21 - 40 of 137 Posts