SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case anyone was curious, in the past you may have seen caliper adapters to adapt Brembo radial mount calipers made by QTM, like this:

Per a call to QTM today, they are out of that business and they have 0 of these left. They willingly referred me to TAW Performance....

Apparently, QTM has since dropped that bracket business and TAW Performance has picked it up.

As of today, April 16th, 2013, TAW performance told me verbally that they are currently into development of this same bracket and it will likely be available in 2-3 months. They will have "Supermoto" and "Adventure" tabs on their main website soon too. The reason it is taking so long to develop a bracket that I could make on my manual milling machine in a few short hours is because Brembo has to have everything "just so" and they are very strict in the quality control area, and they don't want any stupidity tarnishing their brand. Makes sense. Fair reason.

The front desk phone girl was genuinely friendly and seemed pretty up on matters, so I look forward to paying them money for cool stuff in the future.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Just for the record, I have ordered some stuff from Italy before and never had a problem. My BL-Italia tank was shipped at an amazing speed! Every Italian person I have dealt with (while in Italy and over e-mail from here in 'Merica) has been almost unsettlingly friendly. :clap: They have a good track record going with me.

Also, that Purte1 bracket looks amazing. I really cannot imagine a cooler way of making that work. I realize that you get more for your money in aluminum with the QTM one, if ya catch my drift, but that Italian one sure looks sweet.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, I forgot to mention they seem super legitimate with shipping and business in general. They may have a repeat customer on their hands, since I sold my XRR and have a 525exc project now. In my personal sexy machined parts opinion, they are the best looking too.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Has anyone ordered the Purte1 bracket lately and had any issues receiving it? I ordered one over a month ago and haven't received it yet, and Purte1 has not responded to multiple emails.
I'd put good money on Italian Summer manufacturing lull. I know a suspension tuner that has to order a motherlode of all his Italian parts in June and estimate his usage because the Italians take so much mid/late summer vacation it's like they turn their industrial businesses off. I was through Aosta, in Milan and headed down to the coast two summers ago there, and it seemed to be true. The touristy stuff and alley restaurants were open, but there didn't seem to be a whole lot of fabrication or manufacturing going on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts