SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
That Italian job looks like it will get the job done. Wanted to pass this along...I just got off the phone with OPP Racing, distributor/ dealer for TAW Performance. Apparently the manufacturing rights weren't released for producing this yet. (by Brembo). :poo:
I am told they are still optimistic down the road, but anyone looking for one soon should probably look elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
While waiting for this to arrive from KTM. (time line getting ridiculous now, wondering if it will ever show up- I was told that it is not discountinued, just not available often and then only in small quantities).

I ordered 2 of these from Purte1 in Italy after learning their availability here on this thread. Many thanks to the fine folks further up on the page for finding that one!
They are available in 6 colors, grey(raw aluminum I'm assuming), red, orange, black, green, blue. Like stated before, available in 100mm and 108mm spacing.
I ordered a red one for my CRF and a orange one for my KTM.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
What calipers are you guys using?

I want to order one of these adapters for my 2010 yz450f since the stock brakes fxking suck!. I understand a lot of calipers will not clear the wheel. Roaming ebay i've seen some brembo's off ducatis but i don't want to purchase anything if it wont clear my 17" wheel.

Has anyone tried R6 calipers?
I'm planning on running a 08 KTM 690 SMC caliper, but I haven't tried it yet for clearance. It seemed like a good way to go for a cheaper (used) Brembo unit. It's the same caliper as the one a couple posts ago from KTM's website on sale I believe. Plus I'm kinda partial that it's black, rather than the silver one on my Husky. Sorry for image quality, swiped photo off the Ebay page from when I purchased.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Got my brackets in from Purte1. Very nice looking. Very impressed with the time frame of processing the order and shipping too. Placed the order on a weekend. Took 3 business days and I got an email that the brackets were shipped (but no tracking number), got the brackets 7 days later. So the brackets ended up being $169 U.S. each with taxes and shipping (and anodizing). Once again, with the absurd long bolts. Grade 8, but I think they will end up in my bolt collection bin.

Gonna run this '08 KTM 690 SMC caliper on the CRF450R. (Marzocchi forks with KTM bolt pattern) That's the plan. Not the best caliper I could be running, but I think it was like $130 or something used with good pads.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Fecking right. Will post up some more pics. If the Purte1 guys included a sticker, I'd even rock it on my bike.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Nice, looks good.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Here's some pictures installed (Marzocchi forks on the CRF- you will have to mentally substitute OEM KTM forks but I think you will get the idea).

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Yup, I shortened my bolts to 58mm. Still need to order some Ti hardware, but this works for now. Made these spacers to account for the 320 disc.

and these to account for my particular spacing (custom triple clamp spacing)

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Thanks to all of you for your support :)

If you need some information of purte1 products, just ask me!

Ciao from Italy!
Thank you for a great product!

·
Registered
2,615 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I should also add -I had some extra fitting to do using Marzocchi forks with CRF wheel and I DID make some spacers for the radial adapter, but not the disc.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Can anyone confirm if this PURTE1 radial bracket will fit 2015 KTM 500EXC forks?
If you haven't found confirmation yet, my vote is -SHOULD fit. I have a 2015 500 EXC and I'm using the Purte1 bracket on my CRF as it happens. If I find time, I will swap it over and post up a pic. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Still no response from them. Maybe I need to find a machine shop locally. :damn:
Which radial caliper are you going to run? I'm curious if the left/ right spacing will be the same as what I have. And you have 310 rotor or 320? Will need 5mm shims for the 320, but you've probably already planned for that.
Cheers.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Not sure which caliper yet. Hadn't even thought about the variations in left/right spacing. It'll be a 320mm warp9 rotor on warp9 cast wheels. Hoping those wheels give me extra clearance on the backside of the caliper. I'm looking at a couple of front master/line/caliper options on bikes being parted out. Aprilia SXV or Husqvarna SMR.
Cool. 320 is gonna give less clearance right off the get go. I found a used Husaberg FS570 310 rotor 2011 that I'm running on my KTM wheel. I believe the '09 Husky SMR that I had was a 320 rotor/ caliper.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Finally got a response from Purte1.
Awesome! This is the same bracket I have, so looks like you were right on, which is what we suspected. I assume you're going with the 100MM and not the 108MM judging by the calipers you mentioned. * Edit I guess you mentioned M/C's and hadn't nailed down a caliper choice yet. I see Purte1 now has rotors too, available in a lot of color options. Pretty cool.

http://purte1.com/index.php/en/store/product/view/507/719

Also, wanted to say that I hadn't forgot and I was trying to get to my bike to remove said bracket. A winter project (non bike related :rolleyes2:) gave me a need to crowd my workspace into some tight quarters. I spent an hour yesterday digging my way towards the bike. Haha. It's way in there.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Don't mind my shit photo editing skills, LOL. One of the front brake setups im considering is from this 09 Husky. Looking at the photo you can see the front rotor carrier is offset away from the wheel. My rotor will not be offset. So, i guess the only way to know if that caliper would work with my rotor and the Purte1 bracket would be a test fit? I might be better off using a caliper that is known to fit without having to start trying to shim or space the rotor. I'm not sure how to find that info though...
That's the Brembo set-up like on my former '09 SMR. The offset rotor might give you a little better caliper to spoke clearance. But if it's too much, you might be looking at shaving down the bracket thickness (or fork lugs- neither of which is optimal). Way easier with flat rotor to space the rotor out or caliper inward like I did. However, with the Marchesini wheels, spoke clearance was not an issue. I'm using a Brembo from a KTM '08 690 SMC (found an OEM one in black like I wanted). You can get them fairly cheap when you find them. They are adequate generally if mated to the right master cylinder.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Can anybody tell me what bolt thread size/pitch I need for this bracket? I would like to source some bolts and spacers before the bracket shows up. Thanks:thumbup:
Believe M10. Will have to double check on length and pitch.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Can anybody tell me what bolt thread size/pitch I need for this bracket? I would like to source some bolts and spacers before the bracket shows up. Thanks:thumbup:
Checked this morning. Here is a quick pic to remind you how mine is set.

So the bolts to hold the bracket on I'm using (2) M8x30x1.25 with my spacers. Without spacers you should be around 25~28 length.
For the caliper I'm using (2) M10x58x1.25. I'm using 5mm spacers for the 320 rotor. If you use 310, use 50 length.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Holy fuck, that's quite the bike collection/history!

How do you like your CR500AF and your 500 EXC? What do you use them for? How do they compare?

You can pick up CRFRs here that are pretty battered for quite cheap. Would love to do the 500 build.
Haha thanks! I'll try not to get into it too much on this thread, but feel free to PM me if you want to know more or specifics. But to generalize. The 2 stroke is awesome but quirky and not smooth. Fast but harder to ride fast. Best part is the power surge, the sound, and the feeling of the bike ring a ding dinging. It has character! Just not the best for all situations. The CRF I built is the hp king of all my supermotos, past and present. Just seat of the pants feel, no numbers to back up my claim. The CRF is great, but being a converted MX bike, is not without its need for attention and care. The 5 speed is a little limiting. The KTM is probably my favorite at this time. It does it all and well. Out of the box, doesn't handle like the CRF's (I confess I haven't really played with the suspension much) and being not as stiff might be a little of the issue, but it is set up to be quite light. Lighter than my Husky I had by leaps and bounds (50lbs). And 20-ish lbs lighter than both my CRF and CR500. Electric start, 6 speed, fuel injection, fan cooling (when it works), plethora of parts available for it, both to customize and maintain it, and a no fuss maintenance schedule make it a joy to ride. Power isn't too far off, and is probably better than a stock CRF of a few years ago. But stock 500 EXC is very lackluster. Throw on a pipe, delete the emissions, tune the TPS, and rip. Change oil as needed, lube chain, and continue to rip. I use them all for street riding, but I'm hoping to do some track days this summer. Sorry, this was a little longer than I anticipated...

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Temp fitting using the long ass bolts Purte1 provides. At least I finally have something to test fit!:bannana:
Nice, there's some progress! Yea, I'm not sure what they were thinking on the bolt length. Just thinking on my bolt measurements I gave you, I have the cast caliper and it looks like yours might be deeper. But now that you have it, it should be pretty easy to sort out the measurements. Congrats!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts