SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case anyone was curious, in the past you may have seen caliper adapters to adapt Brembo radial mount calipers made by QTM, like this:

Per a call to QTM today, they are out of that business and they have 0 of these left. They willingly referred me to TAW Performance....

Apparently, QTM has since dropped that bracket business and TAW Performance has picked it up.

As of today, April 16th, 2013, TAW performance told me verbally that they are currently into development of this same bracket and it will likely be available in 2-3 months. They will have "Supermoto" and "Adventure" tabs on their main website soon too. The reason it is taking so long to develop a bracket that I could make on my manual milling machine in a few short hours is because Brembo has to have everything "just so" and they are very strict in the quality control area, and they don't want any stupidity tarnishing their brand. Makes sense. Fair reason.

The front desk phone girl was genuinely friendly and seemed pretty up on matters, so I look forward to paying them money for cool stuff in the future.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I just went through this spiel a month ago or so. I purchased an SMR FTE radial setup and ran into the same issue. The person I purchased the setup from sent me your thread so I could share with you what I've found. If you are looking for something sooner than later (like I was), there is a company in Italy that makes a specific bracket for both the 100mm brembo and any 108mm spacing caliper. The Beringer FTE Caliper is also a 100mm spacing. The company that makes the bracket is called Purte1 and they are pretty awesome. I ordered my bracket on April 3rd, 2013 and I received it April 15th, 2013. The piece is billet and very nice... cost was 89 Euros, total was $150 USD Shipped to my door. Hope this info helps. Sorry for the shitty pictures... I don't believe in smart phones lol.

Here's the Purte1 Bracket, which is available here now: http://www.purte1.com/index.php/en/store/product/view/487/415

Test fitted on my ktm

Here it is on my bike w/ the FTE Caliper and some 5mm spacers as I am running a 320mm rotor. Its made for the 310.

[/b]

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
subscribed.

i too, tried to deal with QTMI on getting a spacer with no luck. should be interesting to see what the new company comes up with. adventure version sounds sweet. i could use some brembo monoblocks on my adv bike :D

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
If anyone is interested I have a brembo 100mm caliper for sale. It only has 1700 miles on it. Just pm me

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Just for the record, I have ordered some stuff from Italy before and never had a problem. My BL-Italia tank was shipped at an amazing speed! Every Italian person I have dealt with (while in Italy and over e-mail from here in 'Merica) has been almost unsettlingly friendly. :clap: They have a good track record going with me.

Also, that Purte1 bracket looks amazing. I really cannot imagine a cooler way of making that work. I realize that you get more for your money in aluminum with the QTM one, if ya catch my drift, but that Italian one sure looks sweet.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Just for the record, I have ordered some stuff from Italy before and never had a problem. My BL-Italia tank was shipped at an amazing speed! Every Italian person I have dealt with (while in Italy and over e-mail from here in 'Merica) has been almost unsettlingly friendly. :clap: They have a good track record going with me.

Also, that Purte1 bracket looks amazing. I really cannot imagine a cooler way of making that work. I realize that you get more for your money in aluminum with the QTM one, if ya catch my drift, but that Italian one sure looks sweet.
It's a pretty nice piece... I was surprised when it came in. Uber light too... Only complaint was the bolts that came with it were uber long lol... so I just bought some hardened ones for 4 bucks in 50mm... They are coming in this week. If you need any pictures or any information let me know.

haha... done

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have qty (1) QTM Caliper Adapter for a 2008+ YZ450F, for use with 100mm (Brembo or other) caliper. It is QTM part# 331-2028-A. Brand new.

I bought both the 100mm and 108mm at the same time because I had not decided on a caliper. I ended up using a Tokico 108mm, so this adapter is no longer required.

$100 shipped. U.S. only. Other locations...you pay the freight. I can take paypal. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
That Italian job looks like it will get the job done. Wanted to pass this along...I just got off the phone with OPP Racing, distributor/ dealer for TAW Performance. Apparently the manufacturing rights weren't released for producing this yet. (by Brembo). :poo:
I am told they are still optimistic down the road, but anyone looking for one soon should probably look elsewhere.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, I forgot to mention they seem super legitimate with shipping and business in general. They may have a repeat customer on their hands, since I sold my XRR and have a 525exc project now. In my personal sexy machined parts opinion, they are the best looking too.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts