SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I found a 08 690 Duke that wasn't snatched up by anyone at Holeshot in Akron, Ohio. What a freaking deal they had 8700 OTD! And I found out that the person who got my 07 690SM wrecked is gonna be paying for everything which is good cause my surgery is not cheap. Here are the pics. http://rides.webshots.com/album/5637...qR?vhost=rides
Anyone else in the DC area have a 690?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Dodge any pics of the damage to the other 690? how bad is it?

Well you cannot see the damage from pics but the whole front end and frame is tweaked. Saying that though I am trying to work getting her back in the settlement. Would make a great track bike.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How does the duke compare to the 690SM? been dying to find one to ride to see the difference

Well the Duke is more for street only. The Sm can go do some light of road. I admit I might mix up the 2 and have a Duke that can do off road.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Power wise is there a difference? Does the Duke handle different on the road? Which is more comfy?

Sorry for all the questions, just curious how the two bikes stack up against each other

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well I found a 08 690 Duke that wasn't snatched up by anyone at Holeshot in Akron, Ohio. What a freaking deal they had 8700 OTD! And I found out that the person who got my 07 690SM wrecked is gonna be paying for everything which is good cause my surgery is not cheap. Here are the pics. http://rides.webshots.com/album/5637...qR?vhost=rides
Anyone else in the DC area have a 690?
Dodge,

Glad to hear you picked up a Duke3. Cool bike. I've still got my 690sm, it's had two days of KTM US tech love, a new throttle body a 08' map as well as misc adjustments. Hasn't stalled this week, yet. They say it's fixed but I'll believe it after another 1k miles or so. Also picked up the 950SMR. Loving that thing. Hit me up and we'll get out on a ride sometime. If you haven't been up northwest of Bmore you should. Lot's of good SM roads. What's up with the surgery? Are you off the bike for awhile?

N.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts