SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to do the lambda remove mod. how do i do it where can i get plug and wire? also air box mod??

·
Registered
190 Posts
looking to do the lambda remove mod. how do i do it where can i get plug and wire? also air box mod??
Your local dealer should be able to order the PU kit (lambda removal) for you.

Also you might want to look at the SM610 Mod Database :thumbup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anywhere online you can buy power up?

·
Registered
102 Posts
yeah man halls sells it. just google halls n it will come up. you will also want to do the leo vince exhaust. minimal slip on. and a uni air filter n mod the airbox. ive done this to my bike and it was a night n day differnce. your bike is not fuel injected though so id look into a jetting kit aswell. these bikes are very restricted.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
yeah man halls sells it. just google halls n it will come up. you will also want to do the leo vince exhaust. minimal slip on. and a uni air filter n mod the airbox. ive done this to my bike and it was a night n day differnce. your bike is not fuel injected though so id look into a jetting kit aswell. these bikes are very restricted.
The 2008 SM610 is fuel injected.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mods

The lambda bypass plug and your favorite slip-on is a great way to start. You can do it in 20min and it will really bring the bike alive. With the FI model I would stay away from airbox mods unless you do a power commander. There is a screen in the airbox between the filter and throttle body. I took mine out looking for more power, and ran it like that for a month. When I finally took it in to get dyno'd and power commander installed it was running 16:1 air/fuel ratio in the mid to upper rpm range. WAY to lean and even though they got the A/F perfect the damage was already done... 7500 miles and she went boom... I am sure guys have done it with good luck, but it made my bike way to lean.

If you want really want the thing to rip -
*Slip-on or full exhaust, but not sure how much more power the full system really makes over the just a slip-on
*Take the screen out of the airbox
*Stage 1 cam - Fast by Ferraci sells it
*Ported head - Read the thread by Goosedog, he did this mod and was very happy with the results
*Power Commander - A MUST with all of the following

This stuff can be done by just taking apart the top end, if you want to go even more baller then that Ferraci makes a high comp piston.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys for this help! where can i buy the lambda delete?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts