SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
You put your hand up.
Did you forget it was there?
Or feel it coming off?

It's amazing to see some of the abuse these things can take.
I hope I don't have to ever experience it with mine.
Glad to see it is ok and you knew where it came off instead of finding out after the ride.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You put your hand up.
Did you forget it was there?
Or feel it coming off?

It's amazing to see some of the abuse these things can take.
I hope I don't have to ever experience it with mine.
Glad to see it is ok and you knew where it came off instead of finding out after the ride.

2 days before this we get a new case from GoPro so i wanted to feel if its still there, and yes it was but not for long. I didnt hit it hard but some how it broke down. .

The only reason that we could think of was that we used the camera in the salt sea and not cleaned it wel. GoPro told me that that not could be the problem.

GoPro still is the best camera for us and the service of GoPro is even better, after the report and sending a picture of the broken case i recieve 2 new ones.

·
Registered
561 Posts
count your blessings on the awesome customer service you experienced. within the community, they are not known for good customer service. awesome that everything came out okay!:thumbup:

·
Registered
929 Posts
count your blessings on the awesome customer service you experienced. within the community, they are not known for good customer service. awesome that everything came out okay!:thumbup:
Eh? Not my experience and not what I usually hear... so long as you're not talking about soft- or firmware updates :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It had 2 times the same problem, the thing that closes the case brake, first time i wrote to GoPro the only thing i get back was a list of where i can buy a new one ;p

But the last time i wrote it was super service, in 10 days i get a new one and in a strange way i get a second one 2 weeks later.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Eh? Not my experience and not what I usually hear... so long as you're not talking about soft- or firmware updates :D
Glad you have had good experiences with them :)

It had 2 times the same problem, the thing that closes the case brake, first time i wrote to GoPro the only thing i get back was a list of where i can buy a new one ;p

But the last time i wrote it was super service, in 10 days i get a new one and in a strange way i get a second one 2 weeks later.
Interesting:bowdown:

This review confirmed my research on the new gopro and enforced my reasoning for not considering the new unit for when I finally decide to upgrade my camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d022raFC9_Y

·
Registered
929 Posts
I had a busted case-clip too - they wanted a photo emailed to them, then the sent one free of charge, from the US to Japan. After responding to my emails within a day... these days, that's a pretty good result.

For my next action cam, I went with a Contour Roam2 because I also do kitesurfing and the GoPro fogs like a bitch, no matter what I do with strips or air con :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had a go pro for at since the original model. "gopro"

I have had people crash on them directly in dirt, and asphalt.
Worst one ever was a high side one the camera, and it broke the lens on the case but the camera was 100% fine.
I crashed with one at over 130. Bike landed on the tank where the camera was and broke the mount.
Camera keep recording, and was fine other then some dirt.
I had the latch issue above with the go pro HDs when they came out.
For the first couple mouths of the issue go pro stated that nothing was wrong, but then said that the manufacturer of the plastic was at fault.
They send me a couple replacement latches, and told me to make sure and press the back when latching to reduce stress to the latch.

The support they provide is excellent IMO, but they are slow to respond at times.(like the first 3 months after they release any new model)
They also support rides and some events, more then any other camera company i have ever seen.
I dont care if they cost a bit more then some others. I will probably always buy go pro cameras for my action cameras.

Heads up
also their are some china go pro 3 blacks out their for cheap, but they do not have SN numbers in the battery compartment and will not be supported by go pro.

Me crashing at speed with one.
http://youtu.be/xKrSRqACC0Y
Buddy crashing mild low side.
http://youtu.be/E90ziOBl3Io?t=10m4s
mini bike crash
http://youtu.be/73wZJwPgZrY?t=4m15s

And because this is a supermoto forum.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mW8Kuo5O3Y
^thats an orignal go pro video. Low rez
This camera came off the bike on landing a large table, and was ran over by the entire pack before I could rescue it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts