SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 drz 400sm 26000 miles, sounds smooth no engine noises, full yosh exhaust, jetted, new tires, adult owned (the lady babied it) $2800

Good buy or not? How many more miles can I expect to get out of it? I ride pretty hard.

Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't own one... but that sounds like a decent deal to me. That motor is stone cold reliable. 2600 miles is just broken in IMO.

·
Registered
366 Posts
he said 26000, and idk dude thats alot for it not being my bike and doing all the maintinance my self.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Miles are not always a bad thing. I have seen a ton of highmilage bikes that run great.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I wouldn't necessarily stay away, but that's too much money for that bike with those miles. It should be fine for a while, but those miles should nonetheless warrant a lower price. I didn't pay much more for mine and it had 3200 miles on it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The lady used it as a commuter, about 60 miles a day and then rode it for fun on the weekend, he has Drz sm and a Drz S that he rides in the trails and such, all are in immaculate condition. He does everything himself even down to putting the tires on. :hmmm: What to do??? He started the bike for me and he said that it's actually makes less "noise" (engine) than his other two bikes with half the miles.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
The lady used it as a commuter, about 60 miles a day and then rode it for fun on the weekend, he has Drz sm and a Drz S that he rides in the trails and such, all are in immaculate condition. He does everything himself even down to putting the tires on. :hmmm: What to do??? He started the bike for me and he said that it's actually makes less "noise" (engine) than his other two bikes with half the miles.
plus:
they own three drz's
they maintain them
they are knowledgable (assumption, but i'd bet so)
it hasn't been beat on (assuming again) during commuting

minus:
more miles, price is about $300 higher than i'd expect to pay
how are the bearings, tires, brakes, stem bearings, chain, cogs with that many miles ?

i'd say it's a great bike to try out. let him hold the cash while you test ride if he will. if it shifts smoothly and hasn't been molested yet, sure, enjoy your new ride.

things to ask about:

stator - is it stock ?
aforementioned chain, brakes, etc stuff - are they new/recent ?
last time he lubed the swingarm
oil change intervals

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think $2500 would be a fair offer. Sounds like it was well taken care of. Throw a big bore and fcr on it and it will be much better than new anyways!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts