SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I've been looking at getting an SMR510 for a while now, and found one out of state going for a decent price. The bike has 4500 miles on it, and is an 05. I live in California, but the bike is on the East coast. There asking $3750 total shipped to my door. What do you guys think? good deal? Thanks in advance for your help

Heres some pics, and the dealer description:

This motorcycle is used, but is in great shape. The previous owner changed the stock headlight and surround to a dual lamp setup, as well as installed aftermarket LED turn signals. The bike arrived to us very clean, and it appears that the owner took great care of it. Both tires still have decent tread, there's still life in the brake pads, and the sprockets and chain look good. Oil was just changed. The bike is in good running condition, and is ready to go!

·
Registered
101 Posts
careful 05's were not street legal in california......just saying....06 was the first year of being street legal in cali...

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I saw that on fleabay. I haven't dealt with those guys, but they sure seem straight up. Price is right considering getting it to your door! Cali legal:headscrat

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
careful 05's were not street legal in california......just saying....06 was the first year of being street legal in cali...

Damn, didn't think of that! Does anyone know if its possible to get this thing Cali plated?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Damn, didn't think of that! Does anyone know if its possible to get this thing Cali plated?
Call the DMV and tell them you are buying an out of state bike and give them all the information - except your name. There are ways around getting things plated that shouldn't be - but that is usually going to cost you some money. If you can't legally plate this without some shady things going on, wait until you find a newer one that won't be a hassle to plate. And don't forget you are going to pay CA sales tax on it when you register it.

EDIT: Here is one that's not much more and street legal.

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?115916-2007-Husky-sm510

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Price is a bit steep for an 05'....But I guess you have to factor in the shipping too...What does the sticker on the fork leg protector say? "Monthlyanas.com"?:hmmm:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. I think I'm gonna pass on this bike, and wait for something closer to home.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have a 2005 450smr. california street legal. went through the dmv with no problems.
i paid 3700 in very similar condition, minus the dual lights.
im very happy with it and feel comfortable with the ca plate
Nice, hows the maintenance on that? I read a few articles online saying the bike was very maintenance intensive.

Those headlights and signals gotta go. Horrible choice aesthetically speaking.
I agree! :clap: Whoever buys it, that should be the first thing to go....

·
Registered
206 Posts
Seems like a steep price for a 05 with that many miles. Agreed the garbage aftermarket stuff needs to be thrown in the bin. CA being CA you're best off with a bike that won't cause you headaches for plating. I'm sure you can find a 06 or later for a similar price. Call up all of the dealers in CA that carry husky, they might have a consignment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts