SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm gonna order a set of BT-003 tires but I've had some issues with my chain eating certain tires. Example: Pilot Pure in 160 gets major chain bites, Dunlop KR108 in 170 doesn't get any chain bite, Pilot Power (not CT2) in 160 gets no chain bite.

So, since I've never used the BT-003 before, can someone that has run them tell me if I can get away with running a 160 or should I order the 150. I don't want any chain bite.

I'm running a DID VT2 Narrow chain and 5" Marchesini wheel in rear.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Order the 150, they run wide. I had to dish the rim on my DRZ for them, and I've never had to do that for any 150, ever. That being said, it was well worth it, my favorite tire yet, and I've been through a bunch of them.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Order the 150, they run wide. I had to dish the rim on my DRZ for them, and I've never had to do that for any 150, ever. That being said, it was well worth it, my favorite tire yet, and I've been through a bunch of them.
Agree with everything said here. The 003RS in 160 is VERY wide, and VERY tall. I noticed a gearing change the moment I got on the bike (2010 SMR510) after switching from a Conti 160. The rear of the bike sits noticeably higher and I am getting some pretty good chain rub.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts