SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lady wants a sumo but is abot 5'3" tall. I was think a WR250X. Is there anything else out there? She will want to haul ass so a DR/KLX110 is a little to small.

Thanks eh!!

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
the 250 is as tall as any of the other SM's out there, might as well get her a DRZ, they are cheap, parts everywhere, and can take a beating

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
if she knows how to ride, then seat height doesnt matter.
shes better off getting comfortable riding bikes she cant flat foot... then she can ride almost anything.

·
Registered
169 Posts
if she knows how to ride, then seat height doesnt matter.
shes better off getting comfortable riding bikes she cant flat foot... then she can ride almost anything.
Besides, most of them have lower links available. Example being, the wr250x you can lower by 2-1/2" .
Joe

·
Registered
69 Posts
well i am about 5'5" and the yamaha was waaaay to tall for me, although they do have a lower link, the only sumo I was able to slighty touch on is my Husaberg 450, but I am in love with the thing :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'd second the XT225. The WR250X is very tall in stock form.

·
Registered
43 Posts
He said his lady want's a supermoto...drz would be the one to get or the wr250x,go see witch one she feels comfortable on,then go from there.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The WRX250 is easy to lower a little w/o the expensive link and if you cut the seat (lots of extra foam) it is even better. My wife is 5'4" and rides it very comfortably! If you want to go full on have the suspension lowered and the Yamaha will handle great for her!!!
Just go far enough so it meets her needs!

Good luck

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the inof guys. I have a DRZ and she can't sit on it, but it also set up for me. I know they have lowering links for the DRZ as well.

The WRX isn't in my part of Canada yet..so we will have to try and catch a dealer show to what she thinks.

I was think about the CRF150..but are they a high maintence bike? Not that it would matter, except if it needed work while I was away working? I heard those bikes move!!

Too bad she couldn't ride with those stupid assed platform shoes she wears all the time, that way she would fit everybike out there...including my Ulysses...lol

·
Registered
537 Posts
If you get the wr250x I will trade you my shaved (3.5 inch) seat for a stock one? I got my 250x from a short dude and I am to tall for this seat. WTF..... Why did I get sucked into a 2 year old thread!

Cole

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
An interesting option and what turns out to be a totally cool little Semi-Supermoto bike is the good old Yamaha TW200. They make big Distanzia tires that fit, they are short, reliable as hell and have enough performance to be entertaining for new riders and experienced ones alike.

The only thing being that it seems to drag it's kickstand when ridden hard like at the track.

Do a search on here. BDMMotard has one as a rental / training bike, and guys had it at the local kart track and were hammering it right along with a bunch of grins. He recently posted pics and a brief story of how he did it.

I'll look for a link and will post it up.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Neat little bike. But prepared to get mega-flamed for letting her putt around without any gear at all. :headshake

I will start; Shorts, No helmet, gloves and mother off all things - flip flops?

I understand it was probably a quick spin around the driveway, but damn. Bad mind set to start out with. People seem to get hurt the worst tipping over right there in front of the house.

Pins, screws and brain hemmoraging aren't good things to experience when trying to simply get into biking. Stupid shit happens quick, and can have life long lasting (ending) results. Nothing like a beautiful set of legs scarred forever with an ugly egg shaped and extremely painful inner thigh burn from a hot motor / pipe. Take it from us dumb asses that have learned the hard way.

There. It's just because we care man. :)

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Neat little bike. But prepared to get mega-flamed for letting her putt around without any gear at all. :headshake

I will start; No helmet, gloves and mother off all things - flip flops?

I understand it was probably a quick spin around the driveway, but damn. Bad mind set to start out with. People seem to get hurt the worst tipping over right there in front of the house.

Pins, screws and brain hemmoraging aren't good things to experience when trying to simply get into biking. Stupid shit happens quick, and can have life long lasting (ending) results. Take it from us dumb asses that have learned the hard way.

There. It's just because we care man. :)
already been flamed when it was posted in the girlfriend/pet thread. hey i tried to tell her...and yes, she just went to the end of the block and back.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
hey i tried to tell her..
Well, it is hard, if not impossible to properly teach someone with that mind set. She has NO idea of the risk involved, and that is scary.

That is when you take her keys, walk her inside and start showing her the "rider down" threads, you tube vids and such with all the gore.

Humans are very soft, fragile things. Tell her we are all disappointed in her, would love to watch her skills grow and welcome her to the "family". But she needs to know it is no trivial thing.

Anyway - enough of my "dead babies" speech. I wish her (and you) luck.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts