SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got around to purchasing an EBC 320mm rotor from my local bike shop at the begining of Feburary. It was about a month before I got the bike togeather and rode it. I didn't even get 100ft out of my driveway before I realized my brand new rotor was warped! I took great pains when installing it , and torquing it in the correct pattern in 3 incriments. Well to make a long story short I've been working with the motorccle shop owner who is working with the Parts Unlimited rep for a month and a half now and still dont have a new rotor or any answers! It seems the Jackwagon at EBC doesn't have the time or desire to fool with my small problem.
So it looks like my only option is to wash my hands of EBC and send my rotor to True Disk to fix EBCs junk.
It looks like I have bought my last EBC product and you better believe I'm gonna tell everyone I know!
Oh well I guess it is a lesson learned , you get what you pay for !
Sorry for the rant , but I don't want anyone else to end up in this position.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yeah that doesn't sound legit. EBC is a huge company. Why wouldn't the shop owner just return the part to PU and PU send your shop a new rotor?

I worked at a shop a long time. When the part comes from a distributor like Parts or Tucker Rocky or Western, the parts go back to and get replaced by the distributor from their stock, not the manufacturer. Sounds like you are getting hosed by PU not EBC.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally got in contact with EBC and got an E-mail today saying they were going to take care of things. So I got my fingers crossed and
hopefully will have my new rotor in time for the rally at the gap. If not I guess I'll see how much abuse a stock mx rotor can take!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah that doesn't sound legit. EBC is a huge company. Why wouldn't the shop owner just return the part to PU and PU send your shop a new rotor?

I worked at a shop a long time. When the part comes from a distributor like Parts or Tucker Rocky or Western, the parts go back to and get replaced by the distributor from their stock, not the manufacturer. Sounds like you are getting hosed by PU not EBC.
What this guy said. I work in a bike parts dept. and it sounds like the distributor is screwing you over.

·
Registered
55 Posts
that happened to me about 4 years ago with EBC. The rotor I got was warped so I contacted EBC directly. I had a replacement rotor in my hand in about a week.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, after around 2 months I finally got my new rotor , the afternoon before heading to the gap. They forgot to send it the week before. So I got it put together Thursday night and got one whole mile on it before loading it up to head out Friday morning. They did throw in some pads atleast. So now hopefully i'm done worrying about parts for a little while , and just ride for the summer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts