SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
I am currently building up a supermoto from my 2004 XR400r and am looking for some information regarding how I would go about getting it plated here in Massachusetts. Ive heard from multiple sources that it is nearly impossible to get a dirtbike street legal here in mass and seeing that ive already started the conversion I hope this isnt the case. I am the first owner of the bike, and have all the proper paperwork from the dealer. (title and receipts and such) The only thing is the title states that the bike is for off-road use only. Ive heard of the South Dakota plating method and would consider it if it is still working to this day (the last success case I can find on that method was almost a year ago). I also have heard of people taking their bikes to New Hampshire to get them plated but I would like to avoid having to drive all the way up there if possible. If anyone has any experience with getting a bike street legal in mass and could give me a little help it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you had any luck? I know you have to jump through hoops to do it but ive seen older small cc 2 strokes riding sround legally so im sure it is possible. As long as you have the lights, mirrors and horn with all the documentstion you should be able to do it. I know you have to bring it to a certain dmv to have them inspect it but cant recall off hand where.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts