SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my crf450 used and did not get a mso/certificate of origin because we dont need them in maine to register it as an atv, is there any way to get a new one so i can apply for title to register it for the street? The guy I bought it off didnt have it either so calling him up is out.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
+1

I'm looking for the same thing. (sorry I couldn't help though)

·
Registered
995 Posts
I was able to get the Husqvarna importer (Ferracci) to issue me a new MSO for a Husky that I had bought new in '06. As far as I know the MSO's are issued by whomever imports the bike, they aren't included with the bike from its origin.

Call up a Honda dealer, be nice, and see if he can offer you some suggestions.

·
Registered
304 Posts
all bikes shipped to the united states must have a MSO shipped with them. The dealership must keep the MSO on file for 7 years, its a law...

·
Registered
995 Posts
all bikes shipped to the united states must have a MSO shipped with them. The dealership must keep the MSO on file for 7 years, its a law...
In my case I saw the blank MSO certificate at Ferracci and watched the lady in the office fill out the information template for the MSO on her computer. She put the blank MSO in her printer and all the stuff she'd entered was printed on to it for the bike I'd purchased.

Must be they break the law with every bike they sell?:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts