SuperMoto Junkie banner
1821 - 1822 of 1822 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
If I want to register something already registered elsewhere in SD, I would probably have to do everything minus the ATV form, right? I'm seeing things about needing residency when I search elsewhere. It's an RV but I can't imagine they care much what it is.

Vehicle Title & License - Pennington County, South Dakota looking through that they refer to needing a clear copy of your SSN, is that really the case? I know my SSN but not the card location.

·
Registered
2019 kx450
1 Posts
I have a Kansas MSO/MCO (dealer to 1st buyer and signed on the back by Kansas resident). No title of course. I don't know the 1st buyer, as I'm in NC, and I'm the 3rd owner. No bill of sale. Will this still work if the MSO/MCO has some random dude's name on it other than my own? I'm in NC but I don't think that matters reference SD. Thanks again.
I have this question too. And it seems like a lot of these posts aren't including if the MSO/MCO is from a third party and/or if the MSO has a "lien" written on it or someone else's/dealer name. My kx450's previous owner gave me the bike's mco but had a finance company written on the back as well as the previous owner's name. I couldn't title the bike in Florida. So in the case of South Dakota you can? I will call them Monday to see if I can get a definitive answer for this and post back.

Another question I have is about how a bike previously titled as OHV can't be registered as a motorcycle after an SD transfer unless you get lucky. Are bikes with a MCO more valuable than ones with a OHV title because of this?

1821 - 1822 of 1822 Posts