SuperMoto Junkie banner
1781 - 1800 of 1805 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ah awesome!
Okay one last check before mailing all this.

-Note saying to contact me with my information if any issues and for payment.
-copy of driver’s license
-copy of SSN
-form e0864V18
-form 1015
-title
Looks all good. Just to clarify:
  • Original title needs to be sent
  • Form 1015:
    • Make sure to do the Off-Road Vehicle portion and not the low-speed section
    • Make sure to fill the installer. Which can be your name and address
Send it in....wait 2 weeks max and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks all good. Just to clarify:
  • Original title needs to be sent
  • Form 1015:
    • Make sure to do the Off-Road Vehicle portion and not the low-speed section
    • Make sure to fill the installer. Which can be your name and address
Send it in....wait 2 weeks max and let us know how it goes.
Ok perfect that’s exactly what I have. Yeah I had to re-read that 4 wheel low speed section a couple times and didn’t check any boxes.
thanks a ton man! I’m stoked!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Additional update about receiving the title:

For my case, the registration was issued on May 6 and the title was issued afterwards on June 14.

That's exactly 40 days between the issuing of the registration and the title being printed. For those asking about when they will receive their titles, take in consideration the extra days for shipping in between all of that.

Got my license plate and registration today. All in all, it took 25 days. The county was very responsive over email and had no hiccups. Thanks to the OP and @Clipperskipper for the help.

Vehicle body is OFF for offroad, which makes sense. I know some in the past were nervous about having that on it, but it just means that the vehicle is an offroad type and not ONLY FOR OFFROAD USE.

This absolutely beats giving $300 to Dirt Legal all day...everyday!

View attachment 155834

View attachment 155835

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just have a quick question guys. Do i need an actual TITLE? Or is an MSO good enough to send in? Place im buying bike (Apollo rfx 200 freeride) from only has MSO. So is sending in the MSO and the two forms enough?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the same question. I have a couple of bikes with only an MSO, and another with an Ohio title in my name, that states "off road only.'

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just have a quick question guys. Do i need an actual TITLE? Or is an MSO good enough to send in? Place im buying bike (Apollo rfx 200 freeride) from only has MSO. So is sending in the MSO and the two forms enough?
As long as you have the Mso and a bill of sale you should be fine. Thats all i had

·
Registered
34 Posts
As long as you have the Mso and a bill of sale you should be fine. Thats all i had
I’ve done this with NO title and NO MSO. I did this with the bill of sale printed off the SD DOR website. I just got my title weeks after the plate and the reg came. The title does say “DIRT”. But hey, it’s more than I had when I bought it off of CL- which was nothing

It’s pretty RAD. Isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just to let anyone know. I recently tried this process and the called me and advised that I will not be able to do this without a Title or MSO. She hasn't denied me yet but stated she has to talk to several people. She stated there has been new changes to their program. Not sure if anyone have done this in the past several weeks with any luck?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have seen this issue on several occasions recently, where you need either a title, or miso. I think that it may depend upon your state, as above: guy buys a bike on cL without a title, and now has one from SD. I think that CA is one. You may have to go the VT route.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have seen this issue on several occasions recently, where you need either a title, or miso. I think that it may depend upon your state, as above: guy buys a bike on cL without a title, and now has one from SD. I think that CA is one. You may have to go the VT route.
Thanks. Not sure on the vermont process. Ive heard that they changed a little also and you have to get the bike inspected up there before they will accept the reg documents. I live in NJ so ill see what they say when she calls back

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to let anyone know. I recently tried this process and the called me and advised that I will not be able to do this without a Title or MSO. She hasn't denied me yet but stated she has to talk to several people. She stated there has been new changes to their program. Not sure if anyone have done this in the past several weeks with any luck?

Keep us in the loop please.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Keep us in the loop please.
Date: 8/11/21 10:41 AM (GMT-05:00)
To:
Subject: RE: 2007 SUZUKI RMZ, TITLE PAPERWORK RCVD

Good Morning,

Our policy has since changed yes, effective date 7/1/2021. For non-residents titling with out a title or mso/mco the following applies,

• a properly transferred title
  • mso/mco
  • federal importation paperwork
  • registration issued in the applicants name from the jurisdiction in which they reside. Our State department reserves the right to refuse issuance of title if the sufficient documentation proving ownership is not provided.

Thank you.

Brooke Walker
Pennington County Treasurers Office
PO Box 6160
130 Kansas City St Ste 250

Rapid City, SD 57701

605-394-2163 Fax 605-394-6810

·
Registered
24 Posts
VT may be your best option, you may need to get the vin checked with a Leo. Like SD, they’re trying to prevent stolen vehicles from being titled in a person’s name, other than the rightful owner.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Regarding the VT route, I tried in May and heard nothing for three months. Remembered about it today and called the VT DMV in Montpelier, the employee informed me they do not issue titles for dirt bikes and they sent my paperwork back a week after they received it... Two months have passed since then so I guess my paperwork was lost in the mail along with my money order. Anyone know of other ways around not having a title or MSO available?

·
Registered
34 Posts
VT is not a viable option as they require you to have a certified inspection station (3rd party gas / repair station) “certify that the vehicle has been modified for highway use”. So that means a trip to Northern New England with your bike and have all the lights, tires, dot headlight, hi/low beam indicators, chain guards, dot compliment rear fenders etc etc that could be asked for which seems to be a never ending list if the station wants to be a D**K. I guess KTM
And Husky are really going to take over now, if they haven’t already.
**The only way the Vermont route works is if you do all that or if your vehicle was originally street legal. So it still a win for some bikes but not the ones we are thinking of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1781 - 1800 of 1805 Posts