SuperMoto Junkie banner

1761 - 1780 of 1782 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can anyone tell me how this works if I don't have the title (financed)? I'm in CA and have a 2019 250 xc-w that I want plated. TIA
Do you ha e proof of sale tax being paid? If not SD is happy to collect. If yes they will want proof. Call them up and ask. They actually pick up the tele and tell you what
Forms to provide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was trying to go the SD route, but now they want you to login with your SD driver's license number. Here's a quick link to form V-18:http://www.claycountysd.org/userfiles/files/Treasurer's forms/Title application Mv608.pdf
Thanks for confirming!
Sent it out. I will give some updates as things get done.
Got my license plate and registration today. All in all, it took 25 days. The county was very responsive over email and had no hiccups. Thanks to the OP and @Clipperskipper for the help.

Vehicle body is OFF for offroad, which makes sense. I know some in the past were nervous about having that on it, but it just means that the vehicle is an offroad type and not ONLY FOR OFFROAD USE.

This absolutely beats giving $300 to Dirt Legal all day...everyday!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone had to renew their registration? If so how did you go about it? Just call in?

Online they require a SD driver license number or ID.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Alright I have both forms filled out and printed, CA Title and a copy of my driver's license.
I just have a couple questions.
Is the original post the same price I need to pay?
Pay by a normal check? Who do I make it out to?
Anything else I need?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Alright I have both forms filled out and printed, CA Title and a copy of my driver's license.
I just have a couple questions.
Is the original post the same price I need to pay?
Pay by a normal check? Who do I make it out to?
Anything else I need?
The price will vary based on your situation. They typically call you once your file gets in their hands (order of arrival). They will either ask for supplemental information or tell you that all is in order for you to pay.

Pennington County does not accept checks for payment if you are out-of-state. Here are the 2 clauses from their website:

No out-of-state checks or counter checks accepted. Send cashier's check or money order for vehicles.
PO Box 6160 Rapid City, SD 57709. We accept cashier’s checks, money orders or personal checks. IF YOU DO NOT RESIDE in Pennington County, you must provide a cashier’s check or money order. Checks with a personal mailbox (PMB) address are not accepted. You must enclose appropriate postage/handling fee as shown on the front of the license renewal card you received by mail. Allow two (2) weeks for processing.
However, the last statement says:
Note: When you provide a check as payment, you authorize Pennington County to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account. Funds may be withdrawn from your account the same day we receive your payment. You will not receive your check back from your financial institution.
So they might do an electronic funds transfer (EFT) from your check information when they speak to you over the phone. I would clarify with them to make sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The price will vary based on your situation. They typically call you once your file gets in their hands (order of arrival). They will either ask for supplemental information or tell you that all is in order for you to pay.

Pennington County does not accept checks for payment if you are out-of-state. Here are the 2 clauses from their website:

However, the last statement says:

So they might do an electronic funds transfer (EFT) from your check information when they speak to you over the phone. I would clarify with them to make sure.
Alright I'll probably just do credit card when they call. I'm assuming I need to include my contact information (email and phone number).
Mail both forms, title/MSO, copy of Drivers license to:

On the 2 forms I filled out on the original post I didn't see anything besides my address.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Alright I'll probably just do credit card when they call. I'm assuming I need to include my contact information (email and phone number).
On the 2 forms I filled out on the original post I didn't see anything besides my address.
If one of the 2 forms you are talking about is form #1015 then that one has your contact information. Here is the form in case you need it:

As suggested by others, I sent a hand written note explaining what I wanted done and how they can contact me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If one of the 2 forms you are talking about is form #1015 then that one has your contact information. Here is the form in case you need it:

As suggested by others, I sent a hand written note explaining what I wanted done and how they can contact me.
Oh I only filled out the 2 on the 1st page from the original post. 0864V18 and 1792V1.
I need to fill out that form you posted too?

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's correct. The second one you have there (form E1792V1) is an older version of this new one that I posted. No need for a notary now.
That was based on reading some updated forms along this thread's conversation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's correct. The second one you have there (form E1792V1) is an older version of this new one that I posted. No need for a notary now.
That was based on reading some updated forms along this thread's conversation.
Ah awesome!
Okay one last check before mailing all this.

-Note saying to contact me with my information if any issues and for payment.
-copy of driver’s license
-copy of SSN
-form e0864V18
-form 1015
-title

1761 - 1780 of 1782 Posts