SuperMoto Junkie banner

1741 - 1760 of 1763 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was trying to go the SD route, but now they want you to login with your SD driver's license number. Here's a quick link to form V-18:http://www.claycountysd.org/userfiles/files/Treasurer's forms/Title application Mv608.pdf
Clipper...thanks for the information you have been providing.

Has anything changed for the SD route. I saw that the SD driver's license is required for online submissions.
Can we still do the process as of April 2021?

I have my bike titled as Off road in my state. If it's still available to Out-of Staters, do I just need the V18 and affidavit form?

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Clipper...thanks for the information you have been providing.

Has anything changed for the SD route. I saw that the SD driver's license is required for online submissions.
Can we still do the process as of April 2021?

I have my bike titled as Off road in my state. If it's still available to Out-of Staters, do I just need the V18 and affidavit form?

Thanks!
Fill these both out, I use pdf escape.
1. [South Dakota Department of Revenue] Low Speed and Off Road Vehicle Affidavit
2. https://sddor.seamlessdocs.com/f/1001
3. Copy of your title.
4. Release of lien, if applicable.
5. Copy of your D.L. and SS card.
On the Low speed off-road affidavit, be sure to fill out just the off-road portion of Section D, making sure to check each box.
I sent it priority using Pirate ship, and it was processed in one week, and I had my reggy and tag in two. I live in MAss.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1. [South Dakota Department of Revenue] Low Speed and Off Road Vehicle Affidavit
3. Copy of your title.
On the Low speed off-road affidavit, be sure to fill out just the off-road portion of Section D, making sure to check each box.
I sent it priority using Pirate ship, and it was processed in one week, and I had my reggy and tag in two. I live in MAss.
Awesome!
How do I pay for the fees? Also, do I include a contact number or should I call an office before sending the docs?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got a 2018 crf450r supermoto and I am located in MD. The previous owner had the title done through Dirt Legal and had a SD title and registration (he is from PA). The title says BODY MOTO CROSS. Will I have problems transferring this to a MD title and getting it registered and plated? If so I am assuming I will need to go through SD. I was viewing previous posts and people are saying things have changed. Does anyone have the updated forms and info needed to do this? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
3. Copy of your title.
What do I put at the very bottom of the 1015 form? It says Signed on this _ day of _,_ at _ (state). I also have the title from the previous owner with his signature on it, do I need the title first to be transferred to my name? Shouldn't I send in the actual title, drivers license, and SS card not copies (especially the title)? Located in MD if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What do I put at the very bottom of the 1015 form? It says Signed on this _ day of , at _ (state). I also have the title from the previous owner with his signature on it, do I need the title first to be transferred to my name? Shouldn't I send in the actual title, drivers license, and SS card not copies (especially the title)? Located in MD if that makes any difference.
Sorry, my mistake. Actual title, but copies of your DL, SS card, etc. The title you have should be fine. Does it read "off road use only across the front"? If one skips submitting the off-road affidavit, they will get an off-road title, so I'm told.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry, my mistake. Actual title, but copies of your DL, SS card, etc. The title you have should be fine. Does it read "off road use only across the front"? If one skips submitting the off-road affidavit, they will get an off-road title, so I'm told.
No it was registered through dirt legal before it just says BODY MOTOCROSS

·
Registered
1 Posts
My CRF230 has no title or manufacturer's statement of origin, and the dealership who sold it to the original buyer went out of business... The original buyer also never received a title or MSO after purchase. Has anyone who has been in a similar situation managed to get their bike titled through this method? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for confirming!
Sent it out. I will give some updates as things get done.
UPDATE:
  • Timeframe: They are busy. They received the paperwork over the weekend. I emailed (Thursday) and they replied that because they were busy, they usually get to it by the 5th business day. They do process everything on a "first come, first serve."
  • My scenario --> sent in my
    • original title (non SD)/
    • copy of driver's license (non SD)/
    • copy of my Social Security Card/
    • Form MV608 (filled it out according to the OPs instructions)/
    • Form 1015 (Affidavit)
I got an email stating that I was missing a form related to tax payment. Here is the message:
I went ahead and sent (by mail) a copy of my state/county registration document for the bike. It shows how much I paid in taxes (as a proof).
Now I'm waiting.

I will update once things change.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am about to send my paperwork. But my unsolved problem is that I live in Maryland and my 300 XC-W was titled in Maryland as "off-road" (the first owner titled it as off-road in MD). When I called the DMV, she said it clearly says "dirt bike" in their system when she looks up the title number. I plan on getting SD tags, but the tag and title guy is telling me I probably won't be able to transfer it back into MD since it already had a big fat "off road" indicator in their system. I actually called the dealer and they said the MCO copy they had said "off-road use only" which is surprising because most KTMS don't say that. Does anyone have experience transferring the SD title back into their state where it was previously titled as "off-road"? Any problems or successes? I just don't want to get pulled over with an SD tag, get a ticket to register it, and then not be able to register it....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bless’ed be to South Dakota. Bless’ed be to super Moto junkie.

Call him up in a week if you don’t hear from them. Turns out they wanted to send me an email they need one more thing, and they said they sent it on such and such a date but I never got it, so don’t be afraid to call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bless’ed be to South Dakota. Bless’ed be to super Moto junkie.

Call him up in a week if you don’t hear from them. Turns out they wanted to send me an email they need one more thing, and they said they sent it on such and such a date but I never got it, so don’t be afraid to call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1741 - 1760 of 1763 Posts