SuperMoto Junkie banner

1721 - 1732 of 1732 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
About to do this in CA with a te300 I just got. Any new problems I should look out for?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Question for recent guys doing the process.

I mailed my forms in 2 weeks ago via USPS Priority. Their phone lines are apparently extremely busy because the prompt tells you that and then hangs up 😂.

BUT, has anyone plated recently? Curious on their call back time frame. Hoping it didn't get lost as some of the guys said they received within a week.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tracked my priority package on pirate ship, received Saturday. Got an email Wednesday, here's your total, give us a call to pay by CC. I called around 3:45 Mountain time, 30 minutes of elevator disco before the girl picked up, extremely busy place. Girl said to expect 7-10 days for your plate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I tracked my priority package on pirate ship, received Saturday. Got an email Wednesday, here's your total, give us a call to pay by CC. I called around 3:45 Mountain time, 30 minutes of elevator disco before the girl picked up, extremely busy place. Girl said to expect 7-10 days for your plate.
Appreciate the response! And oddly enough I just got an email.

CALIFORNIA guys. Have any of you plated off an MSO. I was told that was fine? Per their email response they're telling me I need to title it first and then re-register it through them. I have the original MSO from the seller I bought it off. Bike is a 20' his kid gets new one's each year. It is Notarized. . Also someone mentioned a passport working which I sent, that is incorrect. Here is their response:

"We have received the documents for the above vehicle however, you are missing required documents:

1. Need ACTUAL title/MSO...CA does title off rd (you will need to obtain
the title from seller).
2. Photo copy of SS card OR a W2 for verification

We do not accept copies of titles so you will need to send that via mail. You may email the other document. Once we receive all required documents we can start the process."

So an MSO will not work for CA? Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Appreciate the response! And oddly enough I just got an email.

CALIFORNIA guys. Have any of you plated off an MSO. I was told that was fine? Per their email response they're telling me I need to title it first and then re-register it through them. I have the original MSO from the seller I bought it off. Bike is a 20' his kid gets new one's each year. It is Notarized. . Also someone mentioned a passport working which I sent, that is incorrect. Here is their response:

"We have received the documents for the above vehicle however, you are missing required documents:

1. Need ACTUAL title/MSO...CA does title off rd (you will need to obtain
the title from seller).
2. Photo copy of SS card OR a W2 for verification

We do not accept copies of titles so you will need to send that via mail. You may email the other document. Once we receive all required documents we can start the process."

So an MSO will not work for CA? Thanks
Hmm. I live in MA, bike I purchased was from CT, sellers' name was on MSO with Yamaha motors as lienholder.
I mailed them:
MSO
Application for title/registration
Release of lien letter
Off-road affidavit
Driver's license, SS card photo.

What was the complete portion of your line #1? I'm trying to figure out the MSO thing?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hmm. I live in MA, bike I purchased was from CT, sellers' name was on MSO with Yamaha motors as lienholder.
I mailed them:
MSO
Release of lien letter
Off-road affidavit
Notarized bill of sale.
What was the complete portion of your line #1? I'm trying to figure out the MSO thing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I mailed them:
MSO
Release of lien letter
Off-road affidavit

Line 1 on what form?

The only thing I did not mail different than you was the release of lien. I sent a bill of sale signed by the seller for both CA and SD.

My MSO was also issued from Yamaha Motors showing the release and listed the sellers name.

But sounds like I have to get my MSO back now and register it here in CA first and then back with them which was pretty much the opposite of the goal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Line 1 on what form?

The only thing I did not mail different than you was the release of lien. I sent a bill of sale signed by the seller for both CA and SD.

My MSO was also issued from Yamaha Motors showing the release and listed the sellers name.

But sounds like I have to get my MSO back now and register it here in CA first and then back with them which was pretty much the opposite of the goal.
Wow i'm an idiot. First time dealing with an MSO. Apparently it was the Yamaha Motors release not MSO. Seller has requested a new one. I will advise when i receive it and mail it to SD. I need a beer 🤦‍♂️

Lady at SD Treasurers office was very nice and said she would hold my paperwork until they arrived. Email is wayyyy more efficient than calling.
Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow i'm an idiot. First time dealing with an MSO. Apparently it was the Yamaha Motors release not MSO. Seller has requested a new one. I will advise when i receive it and mail it to SD. I need a beer 🤦‍♂️

Lady at SD Treasurers office was very nice and said she would hold my paperwork until they arrived. Email is wayyyy more efficient than calling.
Cheers
No worries, it happens as I ran into the exact same thing. Me: send me both sides of the C/O (Certificate of Origin)
seller sends a voided copy with a lienholder. Seller: I have a letter. Anyway he got it done in a week or so, and I'm really pleased, 2017 WR450F GYTR ECU w/tuner, all of the mods, dude gave me an FMF 4,1 Titanium powerbomb exhaust that I installed Saturday, OMFG!

1721 - 1732 of 1732 Posts