SuperMoto Junkie banner

1621 - 1640 of 1641 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Question to California residents as I l I've in ny but have a title for one of my bikes from cali. My question is. Under the section where the orginal registered person on the title signs after section 1a and 1b where it says "printed name of agent signing for company." In the second box someone I believe a previous buyer that did not register the bike put his name in print. Will this be an issues for me thanks I attached a picture of the sections I mean. The Andrew person is not the signature that you see but that signature is who the title is in the name of.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Also forgot to mention this is the ONLY spot the Andrew name appears on the title

·
Registered
23 Posts
Question to California residents as I l I've in ny but have a title for one of my bikes from cali. My question is. Under the section where the orginal registered person on the title signs after section 1a and 1b where it says "printed name of agent signing for company." In the second box someone I believe a previous buyer that did not register the bike put his name in print. Will this be an issues for me thanks I attached a picture of the sections I mean. The Andrew person is not the signature that you see but that signature is who the title is in the name of.

Any answers on if this is okay to use? And what I have to do as well? Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any answers on if this is okay to use? And what I have to do as well? Thanks

My experience has been that it doesn't matter. But you may want to fill out Section G and H of the Statement of Facts form saying that the name was written there in error and should be ignored. https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/35dae237-eb4b-4bed-a82a-b4c652c2ef8a/reg256.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=

Unrelated, but I just noticed under section E of this same form, there's a section to say that you changed the body type. I wonder if South Dakota would accept that...

·
Registered
23 Posts
My experience has been that it doesn't matter. But you may want to fill out Section G and H of the Statement of Facts form saying that the name was written there in error and should be ignored. https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/35dae237-eb4b-4bed-a82a-b4c652c2ef8a/reg256.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=

Unrelated, but I just noticed under section E of this same form, there's a section to say that you changed the body type. I wonder if South Dakota would accept that...
Thank you! Problem with this title with doing that (about changing the type) it was registered in California as a NC M/C so, im not sure if that would matter but it was previously registered as that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I'm getting a notice from my home state (California) that vehicle registration are due this year.

I thought the registration would have been completely transferred to SD, so I don't need to pay California fees??
That is unusual. I wonder who at the DMV you can reasonably contact.
UPDATE: I asked SD about this. They said it's my responsibility to notify my old state that the bike is now registered in SD.

Can any Californians shed light on how they performed this step? Did you go planned non-op? Or tell California that's it's registered in SD? What address did you give California?

·
Registered
7 Posts
UPDATE: I asked SD about this. They said it's my responsibility to notify my old state that the bike is now registered in SD.

Can any Californians shed light on how they performed this step? Did you go planned non-op? Or tell California that's it's registered in SD? What address did you give California?
I just went with Planned Non-Op. No issues since 2015.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for starting this thread. It saved me a lot of money not going through a company that wanted $500 to get me a tag. I live in Georgia and my State will not tag a dirt bike.

I just got a tag from SD for my 2013 KTM 250XC. I did not have a title or MSO just a notarized Bill of sale.I paid for the tag late Thursday and it arrived Monday. Cant beat that for service.

These are the documents I mailed in:

1. Notarized Bill of sale
  2. Notarized ATV affidavit
  3. General purpose Affidavit
  4. Vehicle Title & Tag Registration form
  5. Copy of my Driver license
  6. W2 form.
The address is:

Pennington County Treasurer Office
P.O. Box 6160
Rapid City, SD 5779

I mailed the paperwork on 6-5 and they responded on 6-20 so the turn around is about 2 weeks.

The following is the breakdown of the fees:

title / tax ........................................ $90.00

registration ..................................... $31.00 (new plate; good thru 08/2020)

admin ............................................. $25.00

postage & handling ......................... $5.00

total ............................................... $151.00

Please give our office a call between 8-11 a.m. or 1-4:30 p.m. MDT to complete the title transfer and registration. There will be a service fee of 2.49% when using debit/credit card, which includes VISA, MasterCard and Discover.

Should you have any other questions, feel free to contact our office or email me.

Have a wonderful day! :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
I've done this super easy. No W2 or SS card. I sent in a copy of my state driver's license for I'd.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Success with no title or MSO 00' Yz426

Please read this all if you're going to read this thank you.

Alright guys from NY here and after a long wait my plates are in the mail!! I did this without a MSO/Title.

Heres what I did.

Before anything. I sent out the form for a title search and waited to receive my results of "no records found" I then had my GF write a bill of sale stating SHE sold it to ME(I seen someone on here had done this earlier but said they sold the bike to their gf instead meaning the bike was registered in his gfs name and he would have to transfer it. There is no need to do this just have them sell it to you on the bill of sale) filled out the two forms on the first page of this thread and get the one form notorized. So dont sign it until you're in front of a notary.

I then sent out my paper with. The orginal paper from the title search they sent me back. A copy of my license and social. And the two forms that are on the first page of this thread. And my bill of sale. I sent mine I. On 6/6 and recieved my email an email on 6/19 state I needed a General affidavit form that my state does not require dirt bikes to be titled. I found forms 0858 V1 and 0858 V2 I however filled both of these forms out with the same information one form V1 however requires and notary and V2 does not. I then sent these in. After speaking with someone from SD I believe only form V2 was needed but CALL to confirm.

6/28 I recieved an email stating the general affidavit had been received and was ready for processing. Unfortunately I hadn't seen this email until 7/2 but i called immediately after opening and reading this email. I'm not sure if this was a requirement but the nice woman asked me if I had owned the bike more than 6 months luckily I had. I'm not sure if this pertains to price.

I was on the phone no more than 15 minutes 14 to be exact. Price was 87 bucks. Not bad at all. Now my plates are in the mail and will be sent out sometime today she says!! I will update when I have the plate in hand. Any questions feel free to ask and I can answer as best as possible.

Heres a pic of my baby

·
Registered
23 Posts
Success with no title or MSO 00' Yz426

Please read this all if you're going to read this thank you.

Alright guys from NY here and after a long wait my plates are in the mail!! I did this without a MSO/Title.

Heres what I did.

Before anything. I sent out the form for a title search and waited to receive my results of "no records found" I then had my GF write a bill of sale stating SHE sold it to ME(I seen someone on here had done this earlier but said they sold the bike to their gf instead meaning the bike was registered in his gfs name and he would have to transfer it. There is no need to do this just have them sell it to you on the bill of sale) filled out the two forms on the first page of this thread and get the one form notorized. So dont sign it until you're in front of a notary.

I then sent out my paper with. The orginal paper from the title search they sent me back. A copy of my license and social. And the two forms that are on the first page of this thread. And my bill of sale. I sent mine I. On 6/6 and recieved my email an email on 6/19 state I needed a General affidavit form that my state does not require dirt bikes to be titled. I found forms 0858 V1 and 0858 V2 I however filled both of these forms out with the same information one form V1 however requires and notary and V2 does not. I then sent these in. After speaking with someone from SD I believe only form V2 was needed but CALL to confirm.

6/28 I recieved an email stating the general affidavit had been received and was ready for processing. Unfortunately I hadn't seen this email until 7/2 but i called immediately after opening and reading this email. I'm not sure if this was a requirement but the nice woman asked me if I had owned the bike more than 6 months luckily I had. I'm not sure if this pertains to price.

I was on the phone no more than 15 minutes 14 to be exact. Price was 87 bucks. Not bad at all. Now my plates are in the mail and will be sent out sometime today she says!! I will update when I have the plate in hand. Any questions feel free to ask and I can answer as best as possible.

Heres a pic of my baby

Update plate sent from DMV on 7/2. Plate arrived in my mailbox on 7/8 Thank you to everyone here that helped with this thread!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I sent all my stuff in

update plate sent from dmv on 7/2. Plate arrived in my mailbox on 7/8 thank you to everyone here that helped with this thread!

Sent from my sm-g955u1 using tapatalk
hey guys was wondering how long does it take to hear anything back i sent mine in about a week ago and got no phone call or anything

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey guys was wondering how long does it take to hear anything back i sent mine in about a week ago and got no phone call or anything
Took 13 days for them to email me the first time if you read my post I clarify the timing pretty well they have MUCH more traffic with people doing this nowadays too so it's not as fast as it used to be. The people are also very nice there you can call them and theyll help you out with anything. It's not like NY(where I live) lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone on this thread who did this with a RZR tell me how SD titled the RZR? Was it as a "4 wheeled motorcycle"? Dirtlegal.com said that's what they would do for me with an SD plate for $500. I did this for my KTM so I know the process enough, but not sure if there is a trick for a RZR.

It is better to have it done as a 4 wheeled motorcycle because in IL all I need for a motorcycle is headlight, tail light, mirror, and horn for a motorcycle. Don't even need signals or a windshield, which makes it a lot easier. Also avoid any issues with bumpers, uncovered wheels, etc that are all required if it was titled and registered as a car.

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
1 Posts
be sure to put your address as well as the name of who installed it on affidavit. Mine was rejected because i only listed my name.
Just reg two bikes from Cali, both had titles, one was my own CRF450X and other was a KTM 520 EXC that I just bought locally.
Priority mail cost $7 and was there in 2 days, amazing. they wanted a copy of my Social Security or a W2, so I took pic and email it to them.
Affidavit needs to be notaries,,, AAA does notary for members.
Call them to expedite your process, be friendly and do the work over the phone.
total cost per bike was $55 which include postage and CC processing.
plate and registration arrived in about a week
Title could take a fee more weeks

·
Registered
50 Posts
just sent off for a plate on my ktm 300xcw. i didnt send priority so hopefully theres no issues making it there. that would have been smart. got it notarized at the bank.

did anyone else send in sales tax payment? i sent that form in as well just in case as well as the DL/SS, two forms, and MSO.

1621 - 1640 of 1641 Posts