SuperMoto Junkie banner

1601 - 1620 of 1641 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will post what it says under body type when I receive it. I decided to do this after buying my bike and finding out a lot of “off-road” trails around me are actually considered highways, so I was tired of getting harassed by FWC. I’ll be pissed if I get any flack for having an out of state registration and title, because I have seen some stuff driving on the streets of Florida and thinking WTF how is that legal!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
I will post what it says under body type when I receive it. I decided to do this after buying my bike and finding out a lot of “off-road” trails around me are actually considered highways, so I was tired of getting harassed by FWC. I’ll be pissed if I get any flack for having an out of state registration and title, because I have seen some stuff driving on the streets of Florida and thinking WTF how is that legal!?

Alright cool, and yeah I feel you on that. I’m trying to be harassed to a minimum lol. That’s another thing, I still haven’t received my title, only the registration, I guess it’ll take some time though. Because eventually I’m gonna try to transfer it over to NY.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Received my plate and registration today. As I mentioned in my original post I have a lien on the title, so that is electronic until it’s paid off. The body type does say OFF like others have posted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anybody here had luck with bringing a SD plated dirtbike into CA and getting a CA plate? 14 WR450.

Or... maybe I should just stick with SD plates for now.
Following- want to do this for my 04 YZ450f. But I also want to transfer it back to CA eventually.... Have any CA people had a problem keeping it in SD?

I was able to get a CRF450X registered in California that was registered in SD. I had an outside person do the VIN verification. When I registered it with the DMV they asked if it was street legal, i said yes. Had all my forms filled out no problems.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I got a CA plate for the 14 WR450 I bought with SD plate. Went to an outside VIN verification guy. Bike had 7800? (>7500 for sure) miles on it. DMV employee asked me if it could go on the freeway, I said yes (I suspect she saw something about Off Highway Vehicle).

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I'm getting a notice from my home state (California) that vehicle registration are due this year.

I thought the registration would have been completely transferred to SD, so I don't need to pay California fees??

·
Registered
4 Posts
My name isn't on MSO, neither is Sellers? NY

Just stumbled across this a few days ago. I live in NY and want to do this to my 2002 Suzuki DR-Z250. I don't think I have a title for it, but only an MSO (the paper reads "Certificate of Origin for a Vehicle" at the top which I think is the MSO). It also reads "NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE FOR OFF-HIGHWAY USE ONLY" which I don't think is a big concern after reading through this thread. I also have a bill of sale. I paid no sales tax when I bought it from a guy (Craigslist) in NY. My question is: what other info should be on the MSO? My name is not on that paper, neither is the name of the guy I bought it from, but both our names are on the bill of sale. With that info, are there any other steps I would need to take? Not trying to waste my money. I like seeing the success stories, especially from others in NY, I want to be another!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Send in the MSO,bill of sale copy of your DL And SS card along with a letter with your name address phone
Number and email address plus the two SD forms

·
Registered
4 Posts
Send in the MSO,bill of sale copy of your DL And SS card along with a letter with your name address phone
Number and email address plus the two SD forms

I will give that a try. Anything dealing with getting insurance will come later, correct? Is that ever an issue?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just a update. Pulled over twice ( just cause the first time seemed to good to be true ) and both cops didn’t question anything. I handed over my regi and all, they just wanted to know why they couldn’t see my plate and why my exhaust was so loud. By the way I live in NY.

So yes this is legit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just a update. Pulled over twice ( just cause the first time seemed to good to be true ) and both cops didn’t question anything. I handed over my regi and all, they just wanted to know why they couldn’t see my plate and why my exhaust was so loud. By the way I live in NY.

So yes this is legit.

That's good news (that it's legit, LOL). Can't wait to be another!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Received my plate and registration today. As I mentioned in my original post I have a lien on the title, so that is electronic until it’s paid off. The body type does say OFF like others have posted.

That is under body type on the new registration. On my Florida title it read off road use only.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You used to be able to do a different body type, not anymore. I did one in 2015 and when they called for payment I asked them to put ENDURO and they did. Then I did another one recently and they said that they had to keep it as OFF ROAD since the previous title was an Off Road title. Still got the plate though so no biggy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Question to California residents as I l I've in ny but have a title for one of my bikes from cali. My question is. Under the section where the orginal registered person on the title signs after section 1a and 1b where it says "printed name of agent signing for company." In the second box someone I believe a previous buyer that did not register the bike put his name in print. Will this be an issues for me thanks I attached a picture of the sections I mean. The Andrew person is not the signature that you see but that signature is who the title is in the name of.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

1601 - 1620 of 1641 Posts