SuperMoto Junkie banner

1581 - 1600 of 1641 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
thanks

thanks toten friend

i just want to know if i do the SD thing would i get in trouble if i get stopped by a cop in NC i can't really find a ansewr to that anywhere

i just want to know if i do the SD thing and get a title after that can i tranfer the title to NC i can't really find a answer to this anywhere

i can't find any rules or info on NC for legallising a supermoto

·
Registered
2 Posts
First post, read as much as I could but can't find my specific answer. I am a TX resident living in CA right now, but still have TX license etc. I bought a 2017 Husky FE501 from Oregon in 2017. I paid cash and OR didnt collect sales tax and the dealer gave me a MSO. Due to surgery and complications I rode the bike twice before I just had to sell it. Sold it to a guy in NV and told gave him the MSO. Now he's having trouble getting it titled and tagged. Can I do the South Dakota thing only for a title? I just need to get a title then transfer the title over to him so he can do his thing. Will I have to pay taxes to SD on the price that I payed for the bike? NV is telling him that he will either have to pay taxes on MSRP of bike or that I will have to get it titled then transfer title which will require paying taxes in CA and probably having the VIN verification done which I'm assuming I would need the bike for that. So I'm just looking for the easiest, fastest way to obtain a title. I can get the MSO back from him and I have the original bill of sale from the dealer that I bought it from. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am getting ready for another surgery on my spinal cord and need to get this taken care of before that happens. Thank y'all!

·
Registered
94 Posts
yes the sd thing

First post, read as much as I could but can't find my specific answer. I am a TX resident living in CA right now, but still have TX license etc. I bought a 2017 Husky FE501 from Oregon in 2017. I paid cash and OR didnt collect sales tax and the dealer gave me a MSO. Due to surgery and complications I rode the bike twice before I just had to sell it. Sold it to a guy in NV and told gave him the MSO. Now he's having trouble getting it titled and tagged. Can I do the South Dakota thing only for a title? I just need to get a title then transfer the title over to him so he can do his thing. Will I have to pay taxes to SD on the price that I payed for the bike? NV is telling him that he will either have to pay taxes on MSRP of bike or that I will have to get it titled then transfer title which will require paying taxes in CA and probably having the VIN verification done which I'm assuming I would need the bike for that. So I'm just looking for the easiest, fastest way to obtain a title. I can get the MSO back from him and I have the original bill of sale from the dealer that I bought it from. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am getting ready for another surgery on my spinal cord and need to get this taken care of before that happens. Thank y'all!

yes the sd thing will get you a title but you have to send them the bill of sale, and the MSO to sd and yes they will get you a street legal title for the bike and then after you get the title transfer it to his name and then he can get it transfered to his own state

if you need more info on this message me i will walk you throught it the whole process

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes the sd thing will get you a title but you have to send them the bill of sale, and the MSO to sd and yes they will get you a street legal title for the bike and then after you get the title transfer it to his name and then he can get it transfered to his own state

if you need more info on this message me i will walk you throught it the whole process
Alright good to hear! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was looking through the forms on the first page. Yea if you dont mind helping, I would be greatful!

·
Registered
94 Posts
okay

okay i will help you with this

have these ready before you call them

get the mso in hand
get the bill of sale in hand
and have the vin #

and when you do this they will keep the original 2 papers above the mso and bill of sale, so you might want to make copies for you and send them the original ones they pefer the original ones

read the post by the one that started this thread

i will be glad to help you

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just a quick update,

They sent me an email saying I needed to send 2 more things

Another off-road affidavit because I forgot to put my address on the original(shame on me), and a copy of either my W2, 1095, or SS card for proof of my social.

I read that earlier in this thread but for some reason it didn’t click when I was getting everything together lol.

But they should be receiving it tomorrow ( Monday ) and hopefully I’ll have the plate and everything else this week.

Then I’ll show photos of my street legal YZ250F .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
help

i am glad i could help you friend you are welcome and if you need help with anything else let me know

and when i did mine i sent them my a copy of my ss card

i am glad i could help friend and also be sure to let me see pics of your bike

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got my SD title in the mail today and it states "OFF ROAD" under Body Type. I specifically asked the woman who took my payment over the phone if it would be listed as "MC" under Body Type and she said yes. I'm wondering if this will be an issue if I try to transfer over to NC. Anyone gone through something similar? Looking back through the thread it looks like they have put all types of things under Body Type. This is a CRF450R for what it's worth.
I think one of my SD titles came back saying “enduro”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
can someone answer my question

if i have that sd plate in my bike and i get stopped by a cop will i be in trouble i am in NC ??

can you still do a supermoto conversion on nc and get it street legal ??

i cant find any real info on NC for these 2 quesions

·
Registered
94 Posts
i know

i know why would i pay for something that is free ??

i am not going to i looked at that scam/BS website i will not do that for my bike 300 to 500 for something that is free

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wanted to share my recent experience with this, because I couldn’t find all the specific information in this post. The information I couldn’t find was how to get a bike plated when there is a lien on the bike. I followed all of the instructions from page one of this post and mailed everything to the correct address that was posted later in this post. I received an email a few days later stating they needed a copy of my drivers license, my SSN, and a copy of my original title from the lien holder. They attached the form I needed to fill out and fax to the lien holder and I mailed a copy of the other necessary documents, because I am an out of state resident. So that was all that was required and that was the easy part. The hard part was being patient. I faxed the form the lien holder on December 8th and they sent the request to the state of Florida on December 18th. I received an email from the Pennington county treasurers office on February 28th that they have received the title and are ready for payment. So after a long wait I will be street legal!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wanted to share my recent experience with this, because I couldn’t find all the specific information in this post. The information I couldn’t find was how to get a bike plated when there is a lien on the bike. I followed all of the instructions from page one of this post and mailed everything to the correct address that was posted later in this post. I received an email a few days later stating they needed a copy of my drivers license, my SSN, and a copy of my original title from the lien holder. They attached the form I needed to fill out and fax to the lien holder and I mailed a copy of the other necessary documents, because I am an out of state resident. So that was all that was required and that was the easy part. The hard part was being patient. I faxed the form the lien holder on December 8th and they sent the request to the state of Florida on December 18th. I received an email from the Pennington county treasurers office on February 28th that they have received the title and are ready for payment. So after a long wait I will be street legal!

Awesome, could you please update this when you receive the registration and tell me if it says “OFF” in the body type section?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes it says off

Yeah Mine does too, there was people in the beginning of this thread that were getting different body types on they’re regi like “street”, but that was a few years ago lol I guess SD caught on or something. I been trying to find info on if the cops would bust my calls if I got pulled over, the only reason feel like they would is because it’ll come up as a off-road vehicle I guess. I got the whole light kit on my bike and it’s gonna be inspected this week too also. I don’t wanna have to dip every time I get lit up lol.

1581 - 1600 of 1641 Posts