SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AMA Pro Gary Trachy will not make it to the opening round. This marks the first time since the history of the series (2003) he has not made it to the opening round.

Trachy, while testing for the Pikes Peak Hillclimb last week, was involved in a low-speed crash. The bad news, a rock in a bad place was located in the impact zone. Not sure what really happened but somehow two of his fingers got pinched between the bike and his motorcycle. He smashed up the end of his middle finger and actually lost the tip of his ring finger. He didn't lose it - he knew where it was but the problem was it was no longer attached to his hand.

Gary went in for surgery to repair his fingers. His middle finger will be fine - but maybe a little mangled looking. His ring finger may end up the same length as his pinkie or just slightly longer.

When asked what really happened, Trachy replied, "I really can't put my finger on it"

If you would like to help out the family in this time of need with some meals, they would greatly appreciate finger sandwiches or finger foods since Gary will only have one hand to eat with for a while.

He expects to be back on a bike in a few months.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Damn, that's pretty cold. I suspect you know him, though. I was kinda wondering why he hadn't chimed in on the "PP testing results" threads. It's good to hear he's not "seriously" hurt, considering what could happen on that mountain. It's sad to hear he's hurt and out of a few races.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
OK, first of all, that post was hilarious. Well written (and yes, I'm pretty sure Gary approved the humor in it)

:lol:

But, on a much more serious note, that SUCKS! Gary is definitely one of the nicest racers I have met, and an awesome rider. What a bummer.

Hopefully he can make it to the next round.

Heal up soon, Gary!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
Heal up fast Gary.....:thumbup:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thanks for the update Scott. I was glad to get to know both you and Gary during our Northwest School at MAC Track and was looking forward to having Gary back up here. I hope he heals quickly and is back doing what he loves as soon as possible.

By the way, if you thought my SMR was well sorted and fun to ride you'll have to come back up here and try my XC-F / SMR hybrid, same great handling, and a better motor.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Bad deal GT! Sorry to hear that. I cut off the end of my finger one time, and they sewed it back on but it didn't take, so they cut it back off with a scalpel. That sucked. :headshake But the fingernail grew back as a claw, and I have good fun freaking people out with it. So don't be too bummed. You may get a claw out of it. ;)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Get well real soon!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Heal up Gary. :thumbup:

Dare I?

:needpics:

Seriously, get well soon. Glad to see you are taking it with a good sense of humor.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
If you would like to help out the family in this time of need with some meals, they would greatly appreciate finger sandwiches or finger foods since Gary will only have one hand to eat with for a while.
I know what to get him........ :lol:

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
Thanks guys, Scott does have a way with words. I am just pissed off I cant race this weekend. I was really feeling good on the yamaha and looking forward to making an impression. Well, I will be ready for the next round.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
You will be good as new in a few weeks......the New lighter Gary Trachy!
Well, he was looking for ways to shave weight off of the SMC........:hmmm:
I think this was a little drastic for the minimal weight savings. :headscrat
Nothin' but love for you Gary, I hope you heal up quickly. :D

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Our prayers are with you and your family Silent H...you will be faster areodynamically, combined with a YAMAHA Im placing my bets you will be back with a vengence. (like Doug Henry only faster right)

Gary Trachy is one of the nicest guys in Supermoto so it is always bad news when he isnt playing in the game...heal well Gary.

Id like to add this link for Gary's family and friends...this way theres plenty of grub to go around. http://www.fingerfoods.com.au/ and you cant live on KFC. "Glad to hear your still smiling...thanks for the update on the crash Scott."

Look forward to seeing you in school again Gary...your video rocks.:thumbup:

SDMOTARD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts