SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice, please.

I am having a shiny new garage built with nice new concrete base. I want a floor coating to protect it that offers the following...

1. Hard wearing.
2. Non slip.
3. Able to move an Abba stand around unhindered
4. Long lasting
5. Fluid proof (petrol/oil etc.).

I have looked at rubber matting, garage floor tiles and many other solutions, but they all seem to have drawbacks from what I can see. For instance, rubber matting will likely cause problems with the Abba stand when the caster wheels sink into it and becomes stuck (the wheels are too small really)

The most promising looks to be 2 pack epoxy coating with a non slip additive. It seems to meet all of my criteria. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on this?

Cheers

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I need some advice, please.

I am having a shiny new garage built with nice new concrete base. I want a floor coating to protect it that offers the following...

1. Hard wearing.
2. Non slip.
3. Able to move an Abba stand around unhindered
4. Long lasting
5. Fluid proof (petrol/oil etc.).

I have looked at rubber matting, garage floor tiles and many other solutions, but they all seem to have drawbacks from what I can see. For instance, rubber matting will likely cause problems with the Abba stand when the caster wheels sink into it and becomes stuck (the wheels are too small really)

The most promising looks to be 2 pack epoxy coating with a non slip additive. It seems to meet all of my criteria. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on this garage flooring las vegas?

Cheers
thanks for any help

· Dad Bod Super Model
88 Posts
thanks for any help
If I was starting fresh like you are it would definitely be two part epoxy. It is largely fuel and oil resistant and like you said it can have grit added for traction. Your biggest advantage with this is that the garage is brand new, there are no patches of concrete with grease and oil soaked into it that will make paint adhesion difficult. Another bonus is the garage will be completely empty - if a year from now you decide this is the way to go, you will be faced with relocating benches, tool boxes, vehicles, compressors, & everything else you own. Do it once and while it is easiest to do. If you want to add rubber fatigue mats by the benchs or beside elevated work tables they can simply be thrown down right on top.

· Registered
1,490 Posts
racedeck flooring. Have had mine for over 20 years no issues. No issues with fluids, slips, casters
ect. Its bullet proof

1 - 4 of 4 Posts