SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tina,

I just wanted to be clear about where everything stands.

I still stand by our conversation that we had in Chris's office. When responsibility is taken for prior actions, that we will review the participation of the rest of the family.

But, I'm not willing to do this at McMinnville. This event is being run by Promoto Promotions under our sanction and our rules, it's not their request to get involved in this situation.

It's been Chris Eggers' request to allow the family back on a probationary basis and until we get back to his track, we don't feel it's proper to do so. Chris indicated that he needed to witness first hand how everyone will handle the situation and how the rest of the rider population will respond.

I would be more than happy to provide a formal letter stating this if you would like.
After 50 phone calls from 2 numbers to my house and cell phone over the last 2 days, I've filed a police report for telephone harrasment.

P

·
0 Posts
I'll keep this short.
I wanted to give Nic a chance because I felt he had matured.
From several sources not emotionally involved, I find out that Nic AND Travis were actually waiting for people at the turnoff so they could ride around them at Pat's.
Ron was one that they did this to, and I would have stayed on the other side of the track given the whole situation involving him and the O's.
They all proved me wrong. I am disappointed. I feel that you are making the right choice, even if it is breaking an agreement. If they can't control themselves in a practice environment when eyes are upon them, what will they do in a competitive situation?

Mactrack's opener is too important for the Oregon series to be a testing ground, but I say this only after what Nic AND Travis pulled at the Pat's practice session.

Now, Ron... for the sake of the forum... YOU are one of the most vocal and visible ambassadors to this forum. Cut with the bullshit signatures. They bring me down and I am sure that they affect other people, whether they do or don't know what is going on. I honestly thought the "here's a quarter" one was potentially directed at me over the whole helmet cam thing! I wasn't sure, and I didn't know at the time what else was happening.

Is sending a message to a couple people really worth portraying negativity to so many others at the same time? This also does not help me feel that you are handling this professionally instead of personally. Since the personal aspect of this is being questioned (and has been a question)... this makes two reasons to go back to the Declan quote. If you need a third, I NEVER get tired of reading that monkey butt quote.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Patrick,

This is exactly why we want you on the board, because you are always willing to speak your mind and say what you belive in, regardless of how popular it may or may not be. That is the most important quality of a board member, keep up the good work!

That being said, I like the signatures, they make me laugh and that is a good thing.

It was an epic weekend and the only thing we had to deal with was Jeremy passing someone on the outside of a haybale and docking him the position.

And I brought home hardware!!!!!!

P

·
0 Posts
Good-natured trash talking is acceptable, of course. However, to distinguish between the fun and the malicious, I propose the following:

All trash talk must begin and end with a pink bunny, soft-looking teddy bear, or a red heart. All icons must be approved by the E-board before use with trash talking. These icons must be at least the same size as the font used for said trash talk but no less than 8-point. Trash talk font size may not exceed 12-point. In order for the icons to not be mistaken as sarcasm, icons may not exceed 18-point in size - there is a fine line between emphatic and farcical. If x's and o's are instead used, the same size guidelines apply, but the whole trash talk statement must be surrounded by the x's and o's. If the trash talker is under the age of 16, one stylized unicorn can be used, but ONLY if the trash talker is under the age of 16. I am troubled by adults who like unicorns enough to display them.

All rules for the use of said icons for trash talking may be waived if the trash talker's avatar is a pink bunny or a cuddly teddy bear for a week prior to trash talking and continuously for 30 days after trash talking, or if the target of their trash talking is Kurt.

All in favor, say "I."

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you patrick. I almost spit my coffee on the monitor reading your response.

"I am troubled by adults who like unicorns enough to display them".. rofl. (I now have a new msn handle for today)

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
patrick, you are a wordsmith. I can't believe I'm seeing a 180 deg. turn from you on the Ohges. I keep wanting to think that they will learn a lesson, or make a change, or reaize what's going on, but it's this hopeless battle. It really sucks, and I want to believe that there's a cure. I've seen people change, why can't they behave? I'm going to try and hold true to make my decisions only on what I see, and not what I hear. I'd really like to get a video camera out to the track and get some of this stuff on video. I know it's a long shot, but doesn't it just seem like you could point a camera their way and rack up incident after incident to fully support a "conviction"?

God damn I wish I could ride my new bike with my new leathers, and my new helmet, and my new gloves, oh and my new boots.

-KM

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Travis has a 450 now (I think) what class does he qualify for other than Open Am???

Beginner = No
Pee Wee = No
Pit Bike = ???
Mini moto = ???
Supermoto Jr = No
250 = No
Open Am = Yes
Vet = No
450 = No
Unlimited = No
Open Money = No

1 - 10 of 10 Posts