SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure who on the e-board is going on Sunday. It turns out the the Oghes are collecting money for the day while Chris and Lisa are out of town.

I for one will NOT be going down now, which sucks because I need to spend some time dialing in my bike.

It seems the relationship with Chris and the O's must be ok if he is willing to let them collect $$$ and run the track while he is out of town.

:2hard

G

·
Sorry, but no sympathy. If you are going to let a very small group of people get in the way of you having fun and doing what you need to, you put it on yourself.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pcassidy said:
Sorry, but no sympathy. If you are going to let a very small group of people get in the way of you having fun and doing what you need to, you put it on yourself.

Patrick,

I am in no way looking for sympathy, just letting other members on the e-board know that if they want to ride Pat's on Sunday they will have to deal with the O's.

Yes it is sad that one family can cause so much strif, but I am tired of having to explain Rob's drunken behavior to my child or constantly worried about who they are attacking/yelling/cussing/running off the track/etc or what I get to deal with next. I will not subject my family to that kind of hillbilly behavior.

I don't want my name anywhere near that family, I think they are too much of a liability, they are going to seriously hurt someone either in the pits or on the track and I won't be a part of it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
+1 Kurt.

·
Registered
47 Posts
pcassidy said:
I can't keep quiet any longer...

How did Kurt put this on himself? He was responsible for running SupermotoUSA, the O's pulled some crappy stuff that the club tried to correct, and they respond with repeated verbal attacks because they can not admit one ounce of guilt or responsibility in the numerous incidents that they have been involved in.

I for one have no love for them either, and if they had treated you like they have a number of other people I'm sure you would feel the same.

In fact Patrick the next time you say something to me that I may not agree with I will respond with:
1.) a large wrench in your face
2.) a cussing tirade
3.) a metal pipe in your face
4.) pull your sunglasses off, and tell you to pull the d*** out of your mouth

all true, all real, and all Ohge... why would Kurt want to deal with these antics? Its not a matter of letting a few change his mind, its more that the few are so disturbing that it more desirable to just stay away. Its not worth the time, money, or effort to have to deal with this stuff.

-Art

G

·
And was thinking that you kept quiet because you had a hand in DRIVING the family to the point they reached. I have a lot of information from both sides as well as information from a third party. I am in between and I do not know ANY of you more than the other.

I am trying not to be naïve and get played by any side. I am trying to look at everything from the outside and from everyone's point of view without the intense emotions.

Please don't get offended, because from where I sit NONE of this is black and white. Obviously it is not black and white because someone who RETALIATED on the track remained on the board. Look at THAT ALONE from the outside and try to make sense of all this from a neutral perspective.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Patrick, I understand these are you friends. I get that. Driving a family to do this, is not a correct statement.

Art served his penalty. He didn't like it, but he did it. He is (as am I and Kurt now) the anti christ in the eyes of the Oghes. They view all of their issues as being caused by him and Darrin. All of the history is that. History. I'm not going to go back into the details of who did what to who in 2004/2005. It doesn't matter.

What does matter is that there is a simple black and white equation. Oghes are in attendance and drama ensues.

Think of all the positive things our group has. Sportsmanship, comeraderie, responsibility, friendly competition. All of those go out the window with them.

We are having our hand forced into allowing them to race at Pats (as soon as that word gets out, I expect attendance to suffer). But then again, I expect them to screw up (as they always do) and Chris will notice that the numbers are crushed by people not willing to be on the track with them. Be clear, this is the ONLY place where they will be allowed to participate.

G

·
Not look at the history? How about I try a little experiment... all season I am going to push Corey's buttons. I am not going to pick a fight, but I am going to poke, poke, poke at every race. In fact, if I see him in another state, I am going to approach him and give him a little crap. Not enough to make me deserve a physical thrashing, though... just enough so that he retains it and knows he is getting ridden. Then, someday... after I think he must be near the breaking point, I think I will stop my car as I am leaving the pits and confront him. I only wish I could increase the drama by doing it in front of my kid while my wife screams at me to get back in the car. Maybe I will even get on a bike and t-bone his kid before that one!

When he explodes, will you all ignore what I have done IN THE PAST?

Now, as far as friends? The three amigos are the first people I really even talked to after I started racing. Funny, friendly, smart... wow, I thought, this isn't like the NASCAR crowd. I like these guys. Friends? Nah, just people I liked no matter what they thought of me. Ron and Kurt, for this extremely anti-social person, you are the equivalent of very close friends. The only time you have disappointed me is when I learned you guys appreciate breast implants.

I have already stated that the Ohge's do have their problems, but I will admit that I thoroughly enjoy spending time with them. They are a long way from Seattle, though. If this is simply a case of taking the side of my friends, at least the friends that will make the most difference in my life, Seattle is where my bread is buttered. My decision to speak up was certainly a hard one, because I risk throwing away things that I never had before and have not had much time to enjoy yet.

I hope you see that I don't really want to look at the big picture ("big" as in range of time and sources of information). But, that is the right thing to do.

You guys can talk amongst yourselves all you want. By "you guys" I am talking about those who have actually had straight-up conflicts with the Ohge's. I would hope that you would let other people make their own decisions on the Ohge's. I can't tolerate general warnings about the Ohge's presence, even if only posted on the e-board. Am I supposed to hang my head and shuffle my feet? I do that enough socially, and I am not going to do it when right and wrong is being tested.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whoa hang on guys is it time for a group hug?

Re-read my first post, I was just letting the board know why I wasn't going down on Sunday and giving everyone a heads up on who was running the show so people can make up their own mind if they want to go down or not.

plammer said:
Ron, I can't dispute your claim that 'the Oghes bring drama', the races where they weren't in attendance were quiet.
Let's just cut it down to the facts:

Per everyones agreement when the Oghes are in attendance there is drama, no one can deny that, so why should they be allowed to attended any events, do we want more drama?

I choose to no longer subject myself or my family to that drama and I will not attend the Pat's acres races. At this point I am a little undecided about future practice days, but that decision is mine to make.

The Oghes are not able to follow simple rules and always want special treatment. For Example: The rule book was written and published for a year with a clear appeal proccess detailed out. Instead of following the proccess they wait unit a few days before the Pats race and send me this garbage:

"LETTER OF APPEALMNT

I Nicholas Ohge would like to appeal the act of being banded from supermotousa. I feel that good has pasted and I am ready to ride I not looking to follow all the races and cause conflict I just want to race and have fun. I have made a few changes with myself and I feel that I can handle myself at the racetrack. I have been to the practice days out at pats and every thing has been going very smooth. I have also purchased a new mini bike and would like to ride the fast kids class. "

plammer said:
Drama is claiming that at the last McMinnville race, Tina went on a tyrade of yelling. I witnessed all but the first minute of the tyrade, and Tina never had a chance to yell because someone else was yelling the whole time.
Paul,

How can you say you saw Tina go on a tyrade of yelling, but then in the next sentance say she never had a chance to yell because (I) was yelling the whole time, it was a two way street, BOTH of us where yelling at each other.

I was changing a tire at the back of the trailer and was verbaly attacked by Tina, I asked her to take a few steps back and reapproach me with a little differn't attitude, she choose to continue to yell at me and I went off on her. I ask her to take her money back and leave because I didn't want her there.

What do you do if someone comes at you yelling and calling you names? Should I have invited her over for tea?

More drama that I don't need.

plammer said:
I've gone a step farther than anyone else on the eboard and I've actually sought out witnesses (imagine that?!) to the 'pipe' incident. The witnesses (a couple don't like the Oghes at all) told a story that does not match what I heard from the members of this eboard. I don't put much weight in the stories of those involved, I believe those on the side-lines more. They have nothing invested in the argument. This is a freaking which hunt.
I stood there and watched the whole thing with the pipe and got between Rob and Art, so if you want an first hand eye-witness you can ask me because I WAS THERE, this is no witch hunt, you just think that our eyes and ears our closed, well yours are also.

Why would any mature adult EVER pick up a pipe, is that going to settle things?

plammer said:
I'm frustrated with this one sided deal.
I am frustrated that we are still dealing with this.

plammer said:
"An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it."
Mohandas Gandhi
Did you ever think that you might be wrong?

plammer said:
Chris is who is forcing your hand into allowing the Oghes into the Oregon series. He's the one that went to Rob and asked for his help.
As far as I am concerned I think we should cancel the OR series and walk away from it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Patrick,

My primary point was in regard to your statement that Kurt has put this upon himself. I feel that is grossly incorrect. I have no issues with you or anyone else that likes being friends with the O's I just felt it was inappropriate to blame Kurt. I apologize if you took my comments as being any sort of a real threat, and would be happy to call/talk to you to further clarify my comments.

Paul,
For cripes sake you can not really think my comments towards Patrick were actual threats. I was pointing out the types of responses that I have dealt with or witnessed with the O's, and trying to point out the ridiculousness of the typical O's response.

1.) I got the wrench in my face when I tried to have a calm/mature discussion with Nic in the Spring of 2004 about his overly aggressive riding. I simply was trying to explain that the older riders in SMUSA were there to have fun, and go back to work on Monday. I got a nice wrench waved in my face with comments like "I don't care how many of you there are or how big you ...". I had not even been personally invloved in any incidents at this point, but have been a marked man ever since. At the same event I saw Rob belly buck Wes Dobias for having words with Travis when Travis cut the track at turn 3 and cut Wes off.

2.) Nic cussed me out up and down on the line in Victoria (Fall 2004) when I simply pulled up next to him and tried to tell him that he was supposed to be in P3 and was in my spot at P4. I got a "I f****** hate you m*****-f****** ...

3.) You yourself were there when Rob harrassed Jim Styskel at Pat's when he was there just to watch some racing. He was already lit at that point and ended up the day so drunk that he was nearly on the front straight during a race, and I personally saw him fall on his face in the pits while loading up at the end of the day.

4.) So the "pipe" incident... Have you ever actually talked to me about my side? Talk about one-sided. I was going to go and talk to Ron and Kurt about the on track incidents of the day. I have to walk by the O's pits and with Nic about 50 feet ahead of me I say "I don't know what the f*** is your problem" (referring to him physically attacking me on the track while off his bike). As I try to walk to see Ron and Kurt, Rob tells me to get the hell out of there and just leave. I tell him that I am going to speak with Ron and Kurt. Rob scurries into his trailer grabs a metal pipe, and runs up to me (I was standing at this point and telling him that I was not going to leave). He starts waving the pipe up near my head, starts threatening me, and as I waited for him to hit me as I yelled for Kurt and Ron to come over. I just hoped I would remember the number for 911. As Rob was egging me on to fight I commented that he was the one with the pipe, and as Kurt showed up he quickly dropped it.

There are numerous other incidents with many others (and even other series), maybe I should start a journal record of it all.

I have never threatened anyone involved, but I have stood up for what I think is right and refuse to just lay-down for a thug like Rob. That is my greatest sin...

I would happy to sit down for a calm/mature discussion of the history of these incidents and would be open to listen to all sides of the story and look for answers. The problem is that the O's have never shown the ability to do the same thing, and would rather look for blame in others without taking any responsibility at all.

This is enough discussion on this thread for me, if anyone would like to talk further I would be happy to have a discussion. I promise to not yell/scream at you nor hold any grudges no matter what your position. 425-890-9601

-Art

G

·
No worries, Art - I did not take that as a threat, and I understood the point you were making.

Kurt, Paul did not contradict himself in what you quoted about the yelling tirade. Re-read it. Also, calling Nic's letter "garbage" is a good example of why I can't just listen to your side. If you are focusing on the skill of Nic to communicate, you are not looking at the right thing. I look at his words to try and find anything ridiculous in what he was obviously trying to say, but I am at a loss. Here is what he is saying:
---I would like to appeal.
---I feel time has passed since the issues.
---I am not planning on chasing points "at all costs", and I just want to have fun.
---I have matured a lot since the issues, and the changes I have made will help me be a better person at the track.
---I have been to practice days to test the theory, and all has gone well.
---I have also made a personal investment in a motorcycle because the sport is that important to me.

Whether or not he followed the proper procedure, and whether or not he knows how to communicate, the content was not garbage. Calling it that and letting everyone see it is a cheap shot to embarrass Nic, and it shows me how vindictive you are being. If your attempt was to make people not take Nic seriously, I saw it the opposite way.

It is obvious to me that this is not going to go much further. Because of this thread, I personally have moved closer to a neutral position again because I listened to what you all had to say. However, in light of contradictions that are obvious to me, I will NOT be able to sway one way or the other. I think this is f*cked up on both sides.

I still will get all puffed up and righteous if general warnings are issued about people that I have no real problem with. I didn't like the general statement, but the :2hard makes it personal, Kurt.

I don't know if I should say anything if you cancel the regional series - after all, I am not racing this year. I am only going to the track to help for the sake of attendance so I can stay on the board and be a pain in the ass.

Other than that, I am done with this thread. I will pay attention to it and sincerely listen if anyone else has anything to say.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Whoa....I move away...and I'm still the bain of all that is holy.

pcassidy said:
And was thinking that you kept quiet because you had a hand in DRIVING the family to the point they reached. I have a lot of information from both sides as well as information from a third party. I am in between and I do not know ANY of you more than the other.

I am trying not to be naïve and get played by any side. I am trying to look at everything from the outside and from everyone's point of view without the intense emotions.

Please don't get offended, because from where I sit NONE of this is black and white. Obviously it is not black and white because someone who RETALIATED on the track remained on the board. Look at THAT ALONE from the outside and try to make sense of all this from a neutral perspective.
Well, first and foremost. Since I am the one you're probably referring to, I'll chime in. I was BECAUSE of my little ...ahem...transgression....that the E-Board was created. It did NOT exist before....welll...you know... so the conspiracy theory has a big hole right there. I served my penalty. I paid my debt. I paid for damages caused to the motorcycle. AND I was asked to be a member of the e-board. I accepted to help ensure that nobody took the law into their owns hands again.

Secondly, we didn't drive them to anything. We didn't ride them we didn't magically decide that this family isn't worthy of joining our "good old boys" club. And you're right...it was a little retaliation from 3 yrs of frustration of being bumped and sworn at and all that. And I'm sure ...since you weren't around Patrick, that you didn't see Nic look at me doing down the straight at pats, then swerve right across my front wheel bumping it and me almost eating it at the fastest part of the track. I'm sure these "victims" were driven to do that as well. And I'm sure ...Rob had just about had enough of our constant "pushing" when he got in Red McCallum's face after offering to help Travis get started in Monroe.

I think that if ..whoever...want's to be friends..with whoever...that's fine by me. I used to drink the ohge "cool aid" too. Until...I opened my eyes...and stopped listening to the endless stories of victimization. They're smart...they know who to buddy up with.

A Witch hunt? You're right, Art is a complete Liar with an agenda. You can't trust him as far as you can throw him. I'm sure he fabricated the entire story. Imaginative little bugger isn't he? I'm sure the rosy glasses you're looking through can spin Rob attacking Jim Styskel and belly bucking Wes Dobias too eh? But, it's just ME (and the liar Pinocchio) that have had issues though. Plus, most stand up families are plowed at noon and on the hot race track standing in the straight away. I have to re-think my standards for friends.

I'm really sorry all of this went down too. I really hate even thinking that I sunk to the low level of this family. At the moment I saw Art attacked (I mean that freaking no good lyin big nosed...) I was officially done racing. Now, some will probably say...whoo hoo! I'd like to think the 6 or so years I put in to helping build up supermoto in the NW was worth something. More importantly, I'd like to think someone else valued my wit, honesty, and dashing good looks as being a valuable part of the NW racing scene. I'm currently living in So Cal, so you're probably all saying...why the hell does he still respond or even have e-board priveledges? Honestly, I can't speak for the latter but as for the former, it's because I hate seeing a good series splintered like it has. This whole thing really galvanized some relationships and tested others. It's sad because there wasn't any of this nonesense without the ohges. Still, since this incident there had been some doubt as to where the lines were drawn, I think that cloud had been lifted.

I'm just glad I don't have to deal with them anymore.......and THEM I mean...that lying filth Art!!!! I mean, how can you even trust someone that hides behind an alias...jakewest? LIAR!!!!!:lol: :thefinger

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pcassidy said:
calling Nic's letter "garbage" is a good example of why I can't just listen to your side.
The point I was trying to make was that they O's are unable to follow rules, we specifically wrote the appeal proccess to give them (or anyone) a chance, but Nic choose to send an e-mail a few days before the race he wanted to attend.

If we know of an issue and we don't do anything to resolve it, can we be held liable?

What happens *IF* Rob actually uses a pipe on someone at the SupermotoUSA race in OR, would we be held liable for knowingly endagering people?

Back to my original post:

I will not be involved in the two races at Pat's and most likely I will refrain from going down to practice at Pat's becuase I am not willing to subject myself to that kind of drama and expose myself or my family to that kind of risk.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts