SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Motorcycle Jerseys

I'm getting the Troy lee leather speed jacket, and need a couple hot weather jerseys with reasonable prices.

1) Is there a difference with lower cost jerseys and higher costs (like troy lee?)

2) Can I just wear a large tshirt over the troy lee without it looking odd, or does the jersey FAR out perform the tshirt?

3) WHERE CAN I FIND FUNNY, or OFF THE WALL MOTORCYCLE JERSEYS!?!?! I've googled to no avail. Something like "If you can read this, she let me go riding!" or "My other ride is a minivan" or "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul" etc...

4) If i'm a 42, large. Would the jersey or tshirt need to be one size up, ie XL, or can I get a large troy lee, and put a large jersey over it, do they correspond in size?

5) Such a thing as a "waterproof/windproof" jersey?

What's your take? I've always done pure leather jacket, so a hybrid for hot weather commuting like the Troy lee is a new thing. What do I do, jersey, or large t shirt over it?

:eek: I need some help!

(for details on troy lee)
See: http://catalog.troyleedesigns.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=616_430&products_id=1117

Its just like a compromise between MX and road. For hot weather it looks more protective than just a straight mesh per leather invloved, yet better ventalation than a full leather jacket.

Jersey goes over it MX style.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
You want a jersey to wear OVER your leather jacket? How come?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeeeeeeees. Thanks. However I knew that. see the questions I asked for specifics though. I need some advice from someone who wears them as to the questions above.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
1) Is there a difference with lower cost jerseys and higher costs (like troy lee?)

2) Can I just wear a large tshirt over the troy lee without it looking odd, or does the jersey FAR out perform the tshirt?

3) WHERE CAN I FIND FUNNY, or OFF THE WALL MOTORCYCLE JERSEYS!?!?! I've googled to no avail. Something like "If you can read this, she let me go riding!" or "My other ride is a minivan" or "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul" etc...

4) If i'm a 42, large. Would the jersey or tshirt need to be one size up, ie XL, or can I get a large troy lee, and put a large jersey over it, do they correspond in size?

5) Such a thing as a "waterproof/windproof" jersey?
1. The biggest difference (other than price) is going to be material of the jersey and whether it has vented parts on it.

2. Yes, you can. And, yeah, you'll look a little odd, but hey, you're on a motard! :lol:

3. If you can find the saying you want as an iron on, you can have it put on your jersey pretty cheap.

4. I wear an XL jersey, but ALWAYS get XXLs to make room for the protection I wear under it, whether on the motard or the MX bike.

5. Yes, it's called a rain jacket! :lol:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1. The biggest difference (other than price) is going to be material of the jersey and whether it has vented parts on it.

2. Yes, you can. And, yeah, you'll look a little odd, but hey, you're on a motard! :lol:

3. If you can find the saying you want as an iron on, you can have it put on your jersey pretty cheap.

4. I wear an XL jersey, but ALWAYS get XXLs to make room for the protection I wear under it, whether on the motard or the MX bike.

5. Yes, it's called a rain jacket! :lol:
Funny! Thanks for the reponse. About the iron on... I can do that myself to a jersey that is polyester mesh? Or who would do it?

Thanks! Good info, i'll stick with getting something quality. I'm not on a motard yet, a 250, so I'm still going to be with street helmet etc. Its for lightweight summer gear, and will fit with the Duke 690 when I purchase it in the next 6 months. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Ok sorry, I just checked this thing out on their site. I thought you wanted to wear a jersey over a regular bulky leather jacket.

·
Registered
196 Posts
i wouldnt even wear a jersey over that, it looks awesone by itself!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok

then you'd look like this.. may be cool a few years back and maybe might get some chicks now, but hey, I work in a professional work enviroment. There is only so much craziness that they can take!

Ok mad max!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts