SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I just turned 5700 miles on my 08 550 that I bought in 09 and have been riding it pretty much weekly for the last 2 years. I ride. Not bouncing it off the rev limiter but I ride it in every environment that bike can consider and then some. It's always been 50cc of oil per FULL day of riding and fuel light on at 90 miles. All of a sudden it's about 100cc per full day and fuel light on at 84 miles. No loss of power what so ever. I do know I'm riding it a little harder and a whole bunch more dirt road riding but it just seems odd I break the 5k mark and BOOM! (no pun intended and knock on wood) I'm suddenly ripping through fluids.

Any input or experience? Holding off until winter to bring it to Allan or whatever he suggests I do. Until then it's going to be under my fat ass and down the road, just wondering if anyone was experiencing this. Always heard guys saying it burns oil by design but mine never really did. Have I just finally broken it in ? Did I not notice the high fuel and oil consumption last summer and its just a high air temp thing? Thanks for your answers and trolls in advance :D

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
To be honest, I haven't paid that much attention to exactly how much fuel and oil the thing consumes.

I just accepted that it would and worrying about those things is not why I bought this bike.

It is a wildly fun, beast of a motorcycle that does stuff most other bikes don't. What is a little oil consumption or shitty gas mileage in comparison?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts