SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I have a 2001 xr650r registered in Council Bluffs, Iowa (I know I said Omaha.. But I'm just across the river lol). It has a freshly built motor, Mikuni Pumper Carb, Exhaust, Hot Cam Stage 1, cbr600 f3 wheels, Cr500 front forks, and many other odds and ends.

I love the Bike but I am looking for something a little more stuntable or european. I have really had my eye on the aprilia sxv's (I'm a motorcycle mechanic so the extra maintenance doesn't bother me, I'll just do it while I'm working!)

I would like to sell this or use it as a trade plus cash for your bike!

She's a little dirty, But she likes it!

Beefy compared to a little 250 lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you unsell it? Haha. I don't even know why I'm selling it haha.. I love the bike to death and I built it myself. But, oh well. I was hoping to find something a little shorter and more flickable.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Love the bike....can't afford :hammer:....good luck with the sale...PS, what are the other bikes in the first pic? I must be blind cuz i can't tell.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Love the bike....can't afford :hammer:....good luck with the sale...PS, what are the other bikes in the first pic? I must be blind cuz i can't tell.
Ah! Better save some pennies bro. Or just make a reasonable offer lol. The other two bikes are both klx250sf's.

·
Registered
69 Posts
XR650R - I had seen your ad.

I don't wanna highjack this thread but, it's almost too perfect seeing as im an hour and half away from Jaywillie...I'm selling my 650r sumo.
http://gainesville.craigslist.org/mcy/2456075782.html
check that out.
Great looking bike with a lot of excellent parts, and I know how expensive the updated parts would cost .....but at your price, there is just too much competition. Remember the bike is eleven years old.

Sorry to intrude.

Jaywillie

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Price is flexible on this one....I know i listed it high, partly because i didn't really want to sell it. If you're interested just contact me and we can work something out.

·
Registered
745 Posts
couple questions, keyed ignition? not a huge fan of those wheels, what would it take to return the bike to stock hubs with spokes and hoops? will the brake setup still fit? i've got a cherry '98 triumph daytona speed triple but i live in supermoto country so i'm not riding as much as i'd like to. oh yeah, and i need to be able to register the bike in CA. :hmmm:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not a keyed ignition. I can pm the vin and you can check yourself. And I'm not really interested in a triumph. Pm me if you want the vin!

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Damn thats a pretty straight deal at 3k! Not in the market but GLWS :thumbup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey guys!!

Thank you for the feedback. I just wanted to let everyone know that I will ship.. At buyers arangement and expense. One thing I worry about though is that you wont be able to see the bike first hand. Cosmetically... Eh. It could use some work. Mechanically it is rock solid. Seems like cosmetics are more important to people than fun factor lately :headscrat

Lokati: I will be giving you a call today. Sorry I had work til 5:30 last night and school til 10:00 pm and just didnt have a chance.

15 second write up on making the wheels work for me.

Step 1: I bought it like that :rofl:

I'll try to search some stuff for ya to do the wheel swap while I am at work (I get bored).

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Congratulations, I'm just glad it wasn't another price drop because I don't NEED another bike but,,, well you know...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts