SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant spell, you'll figure it out lol
im getting very bad ideas of what i can do to this bike, it needs to go, if i build it im going to crash and seriously get hurt. they say knowlage is a weapon but im going to kill myself with it LOL

pics can be seen here
http://supermotojunkie.com/showthrea...t=42845&page=3
if you want any specific pics just ask.
describe everything the best i can and welcome to come look at the bike.

CR500. im told its a 89, it was rebuilt from the ground up 2 years ago i rode it for a year messed up my back and parked it.
the good:
pro action suspening im told from an 01
tag bars ( im told rubber mounted )
excel rims with new rubber, all spokes are fine.
griper seat, very small tear in it ( my cousion is a numb skull )
FMF turbine II silncer
bocen reeds
bocen clutch cover.
frame was painted but starting to wear off where boots rub.
all plastic black,red tank
the little slide the stand under and step on it to lift bike

the bad:
needs a pipe (had FMF gnarly probably what killed me)
needs a front brake line ( i have the old one to match )
could use pegs. (broke the sweet pressed tin one off kicking it )
all i can think of now.
$800

thanks for looking!!!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I can personally vouch for this guy..........

He's a good kid. Somebody please take this bike away from him before he kills himself !!!:bike:

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Wow your located almost out by Buffalo...thats like a 4-5 hour drive for me. I would really like to come look at it and possible buy it for $800.

Where is the pipe? dented or crushed horible? So know that you took the pipe off is the cylinder exposed to the outdoors:infrandom...mice and dirt and shit in there???

I would give you $800 right now if you could garentee it was running decently and the transmition was there....any way i can hear it run or ride it? Throw on old pipe or something:hmmm:

Can we get recent pics that arnt 3 years old....?

Is the triple clamp racked in that last picture?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the pipe was crushed, i had it off and it was ran over.
there is dryer sheets being held in with mesh and cloth over that ( mice dont like dryer sheets FYI )
the pics are from last summer.
the bike is indoor storage at my extra garage 3 sec up the street
the trans is fine, and the bike ran when i put it there.
i would go through the motor and replace all the gaskets, piston and rings it has sat for a bit.

im 10 mins form BIMP ( batavia SM track ) i can bring the bike up there

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
the pipe was crushed, i had it off and it was ran over.
there is dryer sheets being held in with mesh and cloth over that ( mice dont like dryer sheets FYI )
the pics are from last summer.
the bike is indoor storage at my extra garage 3 sec up the street
the trans is fine, and the bike ran when i put it there.
i would go through the motor and replace all the gaskets, piston and rings it has sat for a bit.

im 10 mins form BIMP ( batavia SM track ) i can bring the bike up there

Pics say 05...so the pipe has been off for much more than a year...unless your camera doesnt no what year it is:hmmm:

Is that a crack in the triple clamp...if so it must have taken a hard shot

Sorry for being so critical but i would really like a CR500, just wish there was some way i could hear it run, just for 60 sec, to shift through the gears and make sure everything is there. Ive driven 5 hours before to look at what appeard to be a good deal, only to be upset because the bike wouldnt start, or the forks were bent, leaking seals or gaskets...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive driven 5 hours before to look at what appeard to be a good deal, only to be upset because the bike wouldnt start, or the forks were bent, leaking seals or gaskets...

dont waste 10 hours then. im not saying its not a good deal, i dont want you to waste your time, be dissipointed/pissed off. come back on here bitch and moan and give me a bad rep. if you want someone closer to come look at it then so be it.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Pics say 05...so the pipe has been off for much more than a year...unless your camera doesnt no what year it is:hmmm:

Is that a crack in the triple clamp...if so it must have taken a hard shot

Sorry for being so critical but i would really like a CR500, just wish there was some way i could hear it run, just for 60 sec, to shift through the gears and make sure everything is there. Ive driven 5 hours before to look at what appeard to be a good deal, only to be upset because the bike wouldnt start, or the forks were bent, leaking seals or gaskets...

look if you guys really want a cr500. buy the thing part it out except the motor and a few other parts. get a cr125, cr250 crf 250 crf450 roller and put he motor in. wham cr500af for 3k.www.bannedcr500riders.com almost complete how to convert to af frame. i paid 500 bucks more for just my motor on ebay.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you, im not trying to be a dick to anyone on here at all, with my luck someone will buy it make it 3 of there 5 hours home and it will fall out of the back of there truck.
i could care less if someone bought it and parted it out

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
How about a pic of the exhuast port and radiators.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here are your pictures
i dont not have a title for the bike.
i will give you a hand writen recipt and show you my DL so you dont think im some fraud or some bullshit to judge
there is no score's or anything in the pistion, or wall
ill leave the bike apart if anyone wants to 2nd guess my word
i have plenty of tool, a parts washer and heated garage if anyone wants to clean some stuff up while its apart.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Post it for sale or part it out on cr500riders.com. There are always guys on there looking for spare wheels and pegs and motors and extra parts. They don't take kindly to new members posting stuff for sale, so post a few times then post it up.

You should be able to get at least $400 or so for the motor and electrics alone.

Good luck. If you were closer to Iowa, I would have already bought the bike without hearing it run or riding it. I drove 10 hours to get a 94' CR500 that I had never laid eyes on. I was pleasantly surprised to find it in better condition than described, so I didn't even try to bargain with him, I just paid him, loaded it up, and took off before he changed his mind.

Paul G

·
Registered
901 Posts
don't even try selling your stuff on here, bunch a tight wad whiners, don't get me wrong I want a good deal too, but I won't eff over some to save a buck..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts