SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a little research there are lots of options. Looking for something with some initial bite and good modulation. Who's tried what?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, two votes for the Z04's. I'm liking what I'm reading about the Ferodo ZRAC and XRAC pads. Anyone try either of these?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Stock ones fade a little under harsh racing. I cant remember what flavor Brembo pads they are.

EBC sintered pads (~$36 variety) fade even worse.

Using Vesrah pads now, seem to hold up pretty good. I think they are the SRJL-ZZ pads. Honestly, they only seem a tad better than the stock pads.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
So I reached the end of life on the Brembo Z04 pads I was running and tried these. Mitch from HMC racing told me to give them a try as he has been testing them and says he likes them and they are cheaper than the Z04 pad. $90 shipped for a set I think I paid. I raced Lightning on the wolf this weekend up at Shawano WI and they worked great.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just bought a set of Vesrah RJL-XX (2 sets actually) for the same price as the Z04s.

Spoke to the folks at Kurvey girl and the recommended the XXs over the ZZs for supermoto use. Got maybe 1-2 more track days on the stock pads then will give the a try and let you-all know how they feel.

Run the same pads in my R1 for track use and they work really well. Hopefully work as well on the FS!

Cheers

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you want to save a little cash, I've had great luck using the EBC GPFAX pads on my '19 FS450 on track. With our club, I'm considered Exp class; however, comparing to AMA sumo.. I find that doubtful lol..

Anyways, there's zero signs of heat fade, not too abusive on my rotor, and great modulation once I sorted out my M/C requirements.

My setup is RCS-14 M/C, factory M50 caliper, factory Galfer 310mm rotor, factory line, and the GPFAX pads (p/n GPFAX447HH).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Happy to report the Vesrah RJL-XX pads work great. More initial bite than the stock pads and better feel/modulation as well.

Can't give you a comparison to the Z04s as I haven't tried them and,probably won't t now that I've found these Vesrah pads work!

So, rs25, what made you switch to the RCS-14 master cylinder? Different piston diameter than stock?

Cheers

·
Registered
90 Posts
So, rs25, what made you switch to the RCS-14 master cylinder? Different piston diameter than stock?

Cheers
Initially I swapped out the master to an 15RCS (same size piston as factory) to go from the slanted radial design, to a proper radial design with a folding lever. However, I didn't like how far away from the bars the engagement point was or how abruptly the brake system came under pressure. So, I swapped out the 15RCS to the 14RCS. Now, it feels like the lever builds pressure more linearly, and I find it's easier to modulate mid stroke.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts