SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have got Husqvarna FS 450 2019 with standard exhaust but still violating noise rules on our local tracks - 103 db vs. 107 db. The bike is completely stock, 40 hours, the exhaust was once repacked 10 hours ago, but still too loud.(n)

Have you got any experience what muffler would be quieter than stock, please?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
92 Posts
Umm.. not sure if you'll find any quieter than stock. The full Akrapovic and FMF systems are both a little louder than stock (db killers in). Maybe try re-gearing your bike so your lowering your rpm where the sound meter is located on the track.

Do you still have the ice-cream cone baffle in the core?

·
Registered
34 Posts
how are they testing the sound level ? The international standard is with the bike standing in an open area, soft ground ( no buildings or walls around , a field even ) in neutral with increasing throttle to a predetermined rpm ( according to a table that exists). The meter is positioned 500mm behind these bike at the height of the exhaust at a 45deg angle from the centerline of tge exhaust . There is a 2nd rpm test with the mic further away and the bike revved to just. Enforce the limiter for no more than a second . definitely no drive by on track testing is allowed . If they follow the rules I doubt your bike will file in stock form
Umm.. not sure if you'll find any quieter than stock. The full Akrapovic and FMF systems are both a little louder than stock (db killers in). Maybe try re-gearing your bike so your lowering your rpm where the sound meter is located on the track.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
There is a device you can put on the end called a dbdawg I think. I don't know of any systems that are quieter. On my Ktm the stock one was much quieter than the dr.d on there now. Even with a spark arrestor screen and a repack. Is there an enduro muffler that fits from an FE450? I don't know off hand if they are the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts