SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Husqvarna SM510R
Meticulously maintained, looks and runs great. The bike was bought new in 2007 at Fast by Ferracci as an '06 leftover. Currently has 3,013 miles. Always street ridden, never abused, never wheelied (no kidding). The bike was down one time in the dirt, resulting in a scuffed front fender and radiator shroud, and bent handlebars. The bars were replaced with a set of Fly aluminum bars in the factory bend/color. The factory Arrow built exhaust has been derestricted. The factory D208s were replaced with a set of Continental SportAttacks at 2,177 miles. New factory clutch pack at 2,928 miles. New oil and filter at the same time. The factory T coolant hose pipe was replaced with the Uptite Racing Y pipe, greatly improving cooling efficiency. Coolant flushed and replaced with WaterWetter. The seat foam was notched, lowering the seat height by about 1" and also holding you in the proper riding position. New Lockhart mini turn signals in the rear.

• New oil, filter, and screens cleaned at 10 hours.
  • New oil, filter, screens cleaned, and valves checked at 20 hours.
  • New oil, filter, and screens cleaned at 50 hours.
  • New oil, filter, screens cleaned, and new Continental SportAttacks at 70 hours (2,177 miles).
  • Valves checked, air filter cleaned/oiled, new plug at 78 hours (2,398).
  • New oil, filter, screens cleaned, new factory clutch pack, Uptite Racing coolant Y-pipe, new upper radiator hoses at 98 hours (2,928 miles).
Located in Lancaster County, PA. The bike is currently being financed, it will be paid off when it sells and the new owner will receive a clear title with no liens. Price is $5,000 firm. Thanks for looking.

Here are pics of the bike as it sits...

·
Registered
85 Posts
This bike would have been in my garage already if it was in TX! ANY motorcycles at $5000 or under are selling before you can even PM somebody down here! Good luck with your sale!

Out of curiousity, how did this bike do for about 30 minutes of 70-80MPH riding? I know it probably wasn't comfortable, as no SM really is. But was the motor kind of strung out and hot?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was never ridden for that long at that speed. In fact it has never seen the other side of 8500 rpm. My dad never commuted on the bike(he works at home). It was just used on local twisty roads.

·
Registered
411 Posts
dood if you cant get this to cali, consider it sold! !(@*&#^$ why are all the good deals back east?!?!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you make the shipping arrangements I'll consider it sold.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Why do I torture myself and look at these after I already bought something. And so much closer to me!! Can't believe it...lol

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
OK chuck...time for plan B....buy the Husky from your dad and sell your Yamaha:D

Bump for a clean non abused bike.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, does anyone know why an ADULT OWNER, PERFECTLY MAINTAINED Husky can't be PRACTICALLY GIVEN AWAY on here?:infrandom

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I dont get it either Chuck...seems like most husky's have sold within days after posting, I know you got a clean bike, not sure what the hangup is:headscrat

Good luck......

·
Registered
85 Posts
just my $.02, but bit might have something to do with the loan value on the bike. Although the market value for the bike is in the range of your asking price, the loan/book values have not caught up with the market prices for motorcycles in general. Point is, most people finance their motorcycle, and you couldn't finance more than about $3800-4k on this bike.

I'm not knocking your bike or your price in any way.....I'm just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, I give. Did it suddenly become UNcool to own an Italian supermoto? Come on, guys, you know you want it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey i live in kennett square, chester county. if you want to pm me with your info ill try to come look at it this week. i think italian sm,s are still cool!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts