SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm almost due for a new front rotor on my 05 SM and was wondering what other people have gone with? I have the stock rotor with a stainless Galfer line right now and I am pretty happy with it. I am currently just looking at the EBC 310mm replacement as it's about $100 cheaper than any 320mm setup I have seen.

What would you all recommend? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
i really like the ebc 310 as its plenty of stoping power with a good SS line. if you are racing you Z id might suggest a 320 but thats just me.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
The 320 upgrade does not do much unless you get a bigger caliper. Like 707 said, go with the EBC 310 replacement, or see if Braking makes a 310 MM replacement:thumbup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
brembo 320mm with radial FTE/Beringer caliper here. What a difference !!! whole setup (except the rotor) can be found pretty cheap off KTM or Husaberg

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
And hang on to your old rotor or let me store it for ya. I almost had someone back over me yesterday at a stop light so you never know when I will need a used part.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright thanks for the suggestions guys.. I'll prob just go with the 310mm EBC like I had planned.

Foster, the rivets holding the rotor together are actually coming loose. So you can like shift the rotor back and forth... Kinda weird. I'll def hang on to it though.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I know it is a single piston caliper but make sure everything is sliding when you put a new rotor on. I had an issue on my old GSXR with opposed pistons where the inboard pistons were pushing on teh rotor and the outboard pistons were frozen and caused the rivet springs to break. This still happened after the new rotor I put on and learned of the issue. Mine was a side load issue. Can you tell if yours is more from stoppies or something else?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I put an Artrax 320mm on mine (almost the same as Braking). Almost no difference. Stick with the 310 and don't hassle with the relocation bracket. Can be a pain when changing pads. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
brembo 320mm with radial FTE/Beringer caliper here. What a difference !!! whole setup (except the rotor) can be found pretty cheap off KTM or Husaberg

I have the exact same thing, without the rotor. :damn:

Did you have to shave the stock caliper mount? Mine is touching it, and it isn't even tightened all the way. Wondering if I need to get a 320 rotor now... Thought I was going the cheap way with the KTM M/C, line, and caliper... Now I have a DR-Z SS line, brake light switch, relocator bracket (QTM), and new fluid. Would you mind posting up a closer view of the caliper area?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts