SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started to hear this noise from my DRZ. It is a 2007 Super moto and when i ride a wheely and set the front back down i can faintly hear a noise... Its extreamly hard to explain, it almost sounds like maybe a tire chirp. My friend and i lifted in the garage and and slammed it down but i can not duplicate the sound. Has anyone ever had this before? i also jacked up the front tire, nothing is loose and everything looks perfect. Can you chirp the tire coming down from a wheely? will the forks make noise when compressing sometimes?

·
Registered
920 Posts
I have started to hear this noise from my DRZ. It is a 2007 Super moto and when i ride a wheely and set the front back down i can faintly hear a noise... Its extreamly hard to explain, it almost sounds like maybe a tire chirp. My friend and i lifted in the garage and and slammed it down but i can not duplicate the sound. Has anyone ever had this before? i also jacked up the front tire, nothing is loose and everything looks perfect. Can you chirp the tire coming down from a wheely? will the forks make noise when compressing sometimes?
the tire slows down when you wheelie, and if it's not spinning at the same speed the bike is travelling, then it can in fact chirp when you bring it down. think of an aircraft landing on the runway, big 'ol chirp they make? that's the same thing

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the tire slows down when you wheelie, and if it's not spinning at the same speed the bike is travelling, then it can in fact chirp when you bring it down. think of an aircraft landing on the runway, big 'ol chirp they make? that's the same thing
Thank you, that makes sence. Ive only recently started to notice it. But i also have only recently been able to ride wheelies first through fourth gear. I used to only be able to pop them up in second, which is probably why i never heard this before.... The shitiest part is that i just got a $300 ticket for careless driving.... aka wheely...FML first one on the bike thouhg so its going to be framed :clap:

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
4liter is dead on, it's the tire coming back up to speed. I've seen guys ride 'em far enough to get a nice little puff of smoke too. :clap:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Makes a nice "V" on the pavement too. First time I saw it I thought something was wrong. A bud set his R1 down and I ripped up beside him and was looking the bike over like WTH was that. If your front is stopped and accelerates to 120 or 130 it makes a good bit of smoke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.