SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone here own both a 950 SE and/or 690 Supermoto and/or a 690 E/R? Looking to see if there's a difference in the front brake master cylinder caps?

Reason is bling bling. KTM Twins sells anodized mc cap listing for the KTM 690 Supermoto/690 SMC at $30.

http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-690-par...90-supermoto-690-smc-handbrake-cylinder-cover

Then they sell anodized mc cap listing for KTM 690 Enduro/950 Super Enduro at $60

http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-690-par...-950-super-enduro-brake-master-cylinder-cover

I would think all these models use the same front brake mc, so I'm trying to confirm this. Me thinks that there's just some creative marketing with pricing and what-not going on. Or someone screwed up on the advertising and listing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well, looking at the location of the screw holes in the pics, I'd have to guess that the MC's are at least a little different, and that the caps aren't interchangeable.

I stand to be corrected though.

Bryan

·
Registered
432 Posts
The supermoto model is different from the enduro model. I found out the hard way trying to buy one for my 625 SMC. I bought 3 caps before I scored the right one. I still have one of the wrong ones left. Which one do you need or what model do you have? I'll check to see which one I have.
I have KTM part # SXS05450210 which was the first number I ordered. I believe it's for an LC4 model...

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey Yogurt, can you post a pic of the one you have?!
I just ordered one from a ktm supplier but it's on backorder. if yours is the right one I can quickly cancel my order!!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Here it is. The distance between the holes center to center is about 1 and 9/16th of an inch, measuring diagonally. I paid $21.59 for it through KTM-parts.com

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crap, thanks for the pic but unfortunately it's slightly different than mine. DOH. Why would they do that? It's $60 for the 690E orange anodized cap!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts