SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas. I have been riding an Aprilia Tuono for the last 5 years. After riding my mates 450sm for 2 weeks, i sold my T and bought an 06 510SM. Awesome bike, but you already know that.

Now, i think that the bloke who owned this before me was a "consertive" rider and the bike has massive chicken strips and no aftermrket parts what so ever. I got bars and BBusters for it after 10 mins but now i want to make it a monster... i would assume that you do all the stock mods, pipe, filter and jeting? or whats the story with this power up kit? Im keen for as much power as the bike can dish out/!!!!

Next. I want to learn how to back it in, where is the best place to learn, on the dirt and then do it on the street? In the wet?

Any advice or wisdom on the topic would be appreciated also looking to pick up performance and trick bits so PM me if you are lookin to off load em!

Cheers

Dano

·
Registered
316 Posts
in the dry, open area, plenty of room with nothing to get in your way. drop it down a few gears, feather the clutch out and get a feel for it at first, then keep practicing it :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well the power up kit is a must. Do the full exhaust....airfilter.......airbox mod......sliders.......jetting....power now........n you'll be flying but be sure to service that bike man. As for sliding it in Idk its hard for some n easy for others. It just came to me but I've been riding dirt since I was 5 so it helped...just what the fine gentleman above me stated....that's ur best bet but use the shit tires you have lol cause you'll go through em.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Fellas.Most helpfull!

BBrid610 - can you get the abovementioned items as a "power up kit" or is that just what you brotards call it when you slap that all on the bike? - Absolutly need an exhaust...let me know if anyone is selling. Im in Brisbane Australia!!!also im planning on dropping the oil every 500km and air filter every 1000km. Its done 6200 so ill get ready for a piston at 10k! (yeah?)

akaDan...awesome name man! Would bitumen or concrete be better? id recon bitumen as trhats what tracks are made of (sorry im a bit of a dumb arse sometimes ahahah)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts