SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals :anim_peep:,
Im new here. Live in the Charlotte area. How many of you live around here? Do you know of any Supermoto clubs around the area? I'm a street tarder not a racer. I currently do not own one due to a divorce, but am aiming at getting a DRZ-400SM (cheap and reliable) or a 690SMC by spring time, depending on if i can get a SMC for under $5000. I work in the motorcycle industry in Rock Hill, SC at Competition Accessories and have been riding over 9 years on the street now, plus many more on dirt. (not a work ad, just a friendly name drop :lol:) I want a good tard for the roads up by BRP and Deals Gap.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any SM runs or groups around here, or do you guys just ride alone?
we do many rides at my work up to BRP and Deals Gap if you ever want to join in

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'd love to do a group ride here in Charlotte. I work weekends. Most of my ride time will be at night. Let's do this.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how does your bike handle on the highway? We normally do a 1 hour highway trip up to Morgantown area for the Brown Mountain roads. We do local rides too though. Unfortunately I am still in the process of getting another bike due to selling mine for a divorce. I have my eyes on a DR-Z400SM though!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm down, I've got a wr250x and actually work just a mile or so down the road from you at Mattress Firm next to the Nissan dealership. I work weekends too and as soon as my new clutch line come in I'll be up for some night riding. Get either bike asap, you wont regret it!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice, well be sure to swing by our shop in your off time and check us out :)

also, I am in need of a new mattress lol!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well I need a new helmet....... maybe we can help each other out a little haha. I've been in a few times but I live in Matthews and dont get down here much unless I'm working. I'm off on Mondays and Tuesdays but usually here every other day so swing by and check some out, my name is Nate.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not sure how it is on the highway yet. I'm still in limbo. My bike is sitting at Matthews Fun Machines. I'm waiting on the check from the loan to get there. Mailed first class on Monday outta TX. I took it for a spin. It's no speed triple that's for sure. But that's not what I want anymore. I'm looking for a Mt Bike with a motor that I can bomb steps with. Ride on the green ways and just be a hooligan when I feel the urge. I know a twisty way outta Lincoln county that is a lot of fun to ride in to Morganton / Hwy 181 / The BRP. I should have it Tuesday? I'll keep ya posted.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I need a new helmet....... maybe we can help each other out a little haha. I've been in a few times but I live in Matthews and dont get down here much unless I'm working. I'm off on Mondays and Tuesdays but usually here every other day so swing by and check some out, my name is Nate.
We may be able to work something out...lol
I'm jarrod. I'm the web designer/social media/review guy. Work there Monday thru friday

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not sure how it is on the highway yet. I'm still in limbo. My bike is sitting at Matthews Fun Machines. I'm waiting on the check from the loan to get there. Mailed first class on Monday outta TX. I took it for a spin. It's no speed triple that's for sure. But that's not what I want anymore. I'm looking for a Mt Bike with a motor that I can bomb steps with. Ride on the green ways and just be a hooligan when I feel the urge. I know a twisty way outta Lincoln county that is a lot of fun to ride in to Morganton / Hwy 181 / The BRP. I should have it Tuesday? I'll keep ya posted.
Got it late today. I took it out on the Hwy. It's nothing like my Speed Triple. I got her up in the 60's with traffic. It rode well, No Biggie. Played in a parking deck for a few to get a feel for her. Man this bike is flickable. I saw a guy stoped by the cops doing the DUI dance. Then it hit me, It's Friday night. I headed home to ride another day.
I'm working tomorrow till 6. I can ride after 8pm. Let me know if any of y'all wanna
ride.
Cheers!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts