SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been busy busting out all kinds of stuff for everyone's bikes and I decided it was time to give alittle TLC to my X... Finally. But I'm wanting to get some input from you fellow junkies. Here is a list of what I'm doing:

New Tires
Moto Hose Kit- White
Powder Coating Spokes- White, Neon Yellow or Flat Black (?)Input welcome
PC- Hubs- YZ Blue
Full Rim Wraps
PC- Ignition Cover- Matching Frame
Turn signals- Custom mounted Flush mounts
New Graphics- Input welcome

My bike as of last week:

Parts Order:
White Hose Kit

LED Flush Mount turn Signals from Rocky Mountain ATV

Tires: Shinko 705s (For the Zombie Apocalypse lol)
Got this set for $90 on sale and I have some Off-highway adventures coming up so I figured why not try them out for some hooliganism!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did the turn signals up and I must say I'me very happy with how they came out:
My friend as a Mill and I locked the Handguards in place and cut out the opening to flush mount these in my Cycra Low pro shields.

As my X sits now- Wheels off and I'm breaking them down for Powder coat Monday Morning

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Graphics- Input Welcome

Ok for graphics I'm thinking of doing the Thrashed Design from my website. I recently did a kit for a customers KX and loved how it turned out. Here is a pic of his bike with base colors: Black, KX green, Cyan Blue, Purple and Yellow.

Thinking of doing: Black, YZ Blue, Cyan Blue, Yellow,

Then adding some full riim wraps like these- but mainly black and white

What do you guys think? If there is a different kit anyone would like to suggest I'm down for ideas. I design kits all day so fresh ideas and opinions are welcome and I have alot of stuff to choose from so its hard lol.

·
Registered
202 Posts
got some great ideas def with the rims and spokes will look so unique in a good way. rim wraps look sick. never saw those before. and let me know how the tires handle, im in need of a 3rd rear tire and 2nd front before inspection. the tire looks mainly for off road or just dual?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Its going to look nice! Id do the spokes in the Flat Black. It will make the rim wrap stick out..

I have always like the hose kits, what is invloved it doing the switch.. Is is pretty easy?

·
Premium Member
3,683 Posts
yea def black spokes and nipples. might even think of black hubs if your going to do some rim graphics like those. as far as graphics, that's just to personal for suggestions, everyone has their own idea of what they like. can't wait to see the final outcome!

as far as small things, ditch the the rear caliper guard, and get a zeta front brake line clamp for the fork guard. that stock yami one is well..........

·
Registered
562 Posts
That should look nice. I'd stay away from white on the wheels, but thats just cause I'm too lazy to clean them. Either way, the white would look good, but for how long? Even if kept clean, would they yellow from chain lube or general debris?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Talked to the powder coaters today- I went with a satin black (match the frame) mainly due to maintenance and longevity.

The mirror is a cut down one I found at a local scooter shop.

The hose kits are pretty easy to install- simple and straight forward. Couple of clamps, drain some fluids and replace.

I'll post a pic of the graphic layout tomorrow (if I get time to finish them up). Oh and yeah I'll be adding the little dress up pieces shortly to set it off.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
How do you not tear that rim wrap to pieces when levering the tires on????

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How do you not tear that rim wrap to pieces when levering the tires on????
Tire machine and special spoons. I also wrap over the edge completely then trim them after the tire is on while its still in the machine before I put them on the beed.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Picked the hubs up today, still waiting on the spokes (the guys had to make a new holder for my spoke size)

Your throwback graphics are my favorite. Had my eye on them for a few months.
Thanks! They have grown on me since I've done since I've done them in a few color unlikely color combos.

AJ- I haven't forgot man, I'm finishing your kit before I touch mine!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hey something that Ive been thinking about doing to freshen up the bike is to paint the calipers. I once painted the brake calipers on a mustang I once had an loved it. What to you guys think about painting them on the X with the G2 epoxy. Im thinking Black...

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry for the delay, but things got busy busy. Here are a few updates. Special thanks to my friend Matt for Doing a great job lacing up my wheels!

Trying out a 50t renthal rear sprocket left over from my Yz- renthal gold chain goes on next

Zeta Engine Plugs from Wheeling Cycle<- and I must say those guys are great! Excellent service, fast shipping, and rad prices! The blue plugs look awesome against the black ignition cover.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Man those tires add a beefy look to the bike and the rim wraps are sick!!! Nice work.....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts