SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

After tracking a 1998 GSXR 750 and 2007 CBR 600 RR I decided to get something else.
And in 2015 i bought a new 690 SMC R from 2013 the dealer still had in stock, spended a day in the Dutch Supermoto School...
Where tracking time with the CBR was my main concern, I lost fun in tracking, until I took the SMC R to the track. Best track day EVER.
But I had to sell the bike due to a serious back injury.

Last week and 6 years later I decided to give it a go and after 6 months of searching I got my hands on a '12 SXV 550 with 4800 km on it.

Very heavy in maitenance, but if threated right, this should be a very rewarding bike...
But info is very limited and by the looks of it, so are genuine parts :cautious:.

I do have some experience as a bike mecanic, but I lack some SXV 550 experience which I hope to find from some 'veterans' here ;).

·
Registered
1 Posts
For parts and repairs call Noland Trans World. Allen Noland from Maryland he is the best with these bikes. I’ve have both the SXV and I currently have an RXV. I love these bikes. Also parts can be bought through AF1 racing they are out of Texas.

·
Registered
61 Posts
For parts and repairs call Noland Trans World. Allen Noland from Maryland he is the best with these bikes. I’ve have both the SXV and I currently have an RXV. I love these bikes. Also parts can be bought through AF1 racing they are out of Texas.
Alan has both my SXV getting freshened up. He is supposed to be the guru on SXVs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oakland is a bit far for me... But i found a respectable dealer in Belgium.
The guy had a complete overhauled 550 engine in the garage. Not cheap, but all moving parts are new.

Not sure what to do for now, run until 9.000 km, take old engine out, new in and open up my old engine. check up and see what's still good.
Or install now and check-up my current engine...

Gave it a maintenance and check-up yesterday. Still waiting for my license plate and trying to find the right gear to suit up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Try the sxv underground on FB for parts info etc, mainly in the uk , but people from everywhere are chatting posting things etc , Also the
Aprilia forum.com has everything you could do and wish for in terms of information, mods and alike.

Man what a monster of a bike, stellar choice.
Would love to ride one someday to compare with my berg!
Have fun!

ps: Our stock front brake master cylinder sucks. Throw it in the toilet, if you are planning any sort of track . It's fine until you start getting at the top of intermediate group. If you still have it that is ,because i can see a gold radial brembo upfront.

Have fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts