SuperMoto Junkie banner

Fork lock?

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Luke510 
#1 ·
I recently bought a used 2006 SMR510 & noticed it has a fork lock but no key came with the bike. Anyone know where a person might find one ? There is what looks like a code on the lock cylinder & it says " E02 ".

#4 ·
My 2008 has a fork lock and it works with the ignition key......I believe, though, 2008 is the 1st year that these machines were sold with an ignition key....

#6 ·
From a reply I got on another forum it seems that the only way to get a key is to go to your Husky dealer & order a new fork lock as it comes with a key. Then you have to drill out the old one on your bike! If there was a way to remove the old lock you could take it to a locksmith & get a key made but it has to be drilled out!!!!!!!! RATS!!!!!!!

#9 ·
I can't believe that the bikes did not come with the key for it???????? Although, some dealers in the US are charging buyers for the "power up" kit that comes with each bike from Husky! On another note, I just bought a 2002 CR 250R for dirt cheap this morning:bannana:

#12 ·
Good deal:thumbup: I love it when a plan comes together:D

#14 ·
I did the headlight mod that I posted the thread about....I still have to adjust the spacer, but it is much brighter than the stocker!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.