SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went ahead and purchased a 450F a month ago and a co-worker that races CRA said I should convert and race it... So my question is, to be competative how far should I go in the conversion? Epic seems to have a basic track day conversion for 1500... Seems like a quality kit. Then there is Motostrano with a full race conversion for like 5 grand! As of right now the budget is short (vacation pending) and I don't know how much I'll be able to race next year... Any thoughts? Secret places to get good cheap conversions? Any random comments people wanna just throw in? That would be super. :lol:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
throwing money at it wont make you competetive... id start with a basic kit thats readily upgradable and start riding the tracks and as you get faster and the limiting factors of your equipment start to show then upgrade for your riding ability. track time will make you competitive but sounds like you wont be all out racing so no sence in spending all out race money. my 2c i dont race sumo but have raced other things and the number one thing that makes you more competetive is track time not necessarily equipment.

z

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know Nick Cambell? You sound just like him... HA. Sounds good. I didn't plan on going all out and putting 5k in a conversion but thanks for the advice. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts