SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my 2008 Yamaha YZ450F. I bought the bike new at the end of '07 and built it up for racing at Loudon, New Hampshire in the LRRS series. I run the #93 Expert plate. The bike finished 4th in the 2011 SuperSingles championship. I can do 1:22s up there on it but I'm old and slow. I'm selling it because I'm not getting any faster so it's time to do something new, either build a Moto 3 bike or try cars.

Spec:
2008 YZ450F Yamaha
Head flowed by Max Power of Wisconsin (top choice for fast Yamahas)
Pro Circuit 13.5:1 High Compression piston
Pro Circuit valve springs
Graves Motorsports inlet and exhaust cams
Pro-Circuit clutch springs
Graves Motorsports stainless steel full system
Carburettor rejetted to suit with accelerator pump mods
Tri-Star 13mm offset triple-clamps (essential unless you want to tuck the front every weekend)
Suspension by Factory Connection (forks and shock both revalved, resprung and lowered 0.75inch)
Graves chain guide (to run 5" rims without scratching)
Motomaster 4-piston front caliper with EBC race pads set up for 320mm discs
Acerbis front fender and hand guards
1 set of Marchesini cast aluminum wheels (3.5x16.5 and 5.0x17) with discs front and rear (and a set of Dunlop slicks with a track day or practice day in them). The rear rim has some scratches on the left side caused by the chain (I ran it one session before I realized I needed the chain guide. The damage is only cosmetic)
2 sets of Excel/Talon wheels (3.5x17 and 4.25x17) both with discs front and rear (one set with good, usable rains, the other set has an old set of slicks)

Maintenance:
Since 2008 this bike has been very well maintained by Rob at Speed Demon Cycles nr Hartford. It has been totally rebuilt twice (new crank, rod, piston, valves, bearings, seals etc etc). It has low hours on the current build (it got new cases, new crank, new rod, new piston, new bearings everywhere, new seals everywhere). The bike is always run on fully synthetic oil. Oil changed every race weekend. Valve clearances never move.

Pricing:
The bike with one set of Excel/Talon wheels $4,500
Marchesini wheel set, with discs and usable slicks $1,250
Excel/Talon wheel set, with discs and good Dunlop rain tyres $950

Pictures:
Lots of pictures at http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o228/martinh194/2008 Yamaha YZ450F For Sale/

Contact me at 914 525 7799 (cell) or [email protected] or PM me here.

·
Registered
876 Posts
One of your pics looks like the Bowl (T6). I'd love to buy that thing. Not sure I can swing it right now, but I'll try and find a way. I'll get back in touch...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice bike, Marty is very particular about his equipment, real clean and fast. GLWS! anyone have any questions PM me

·
Registered
29 Posts
Still for sale? ALso is the bike still currently located in NY? Thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
still for sale???

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The bike and the Marchesini wheels are sold.

I still have both sets of Excel/Talon wheels (one with good rain tyres) available.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts